Chameleon diagnosis (urgent)

Necrocopophagia

This post is very short because I wrote a super long one and it erased. Let me get to the point, my 5 month old Nosy Be has slowed her eating, I noticed some black or brownish marks around some of her teeth. Is this stomatitis? The dreaded mouth rot? I also notice she longs for more room to climb around, could this be a reason she has slowed her eating as well?
Thanks.
-Lui

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 130
This post is very short because I wrote a super long one and it erased. Let me get to the point, my 5 month old Nosy Be has slowed her eating, I noticed some black or brownish marks around some of her teeth. Is this stomatitis? The dreaded mouth rot? I also notice she longs for more room to climb around, could this be a reason she has slowed her eating as well?
Thanks.
-Lui

Some chams' teeth are not white and they can have some brown tints. But, stomatitis is an inflammation of the soft tissue of the gum, lips, etc. If her gum around these teeth is not reddened, swollen, or shows no sign of blotchy pale cheesy surfaces it probably isn't an infection.

If she's restless and roaming the cage constantly maybe the cage is too small and she needs more space. How large is it? As chams get older they don't eat as much as a fast growing baby. Try feeding her every other day instead.

Thanks a bunch

Hey thanks for your input, much appreciated. Her cage is 18x18x36, I took a trip to the store and bought a smaller pot for the purpose of re-planting the ficus, thus expanding her roaming space. The pot I have in there now is big and takes up a lot of space.

Back
Top Bottom