Chameleon colors

Hello, I just got my baby veiled chameleon on Thursday. She looks about 4-6 months old and she is really purple. I try to keep her humidity around 70 but it drops pretty quickly. I'm feeding her 5-6 crickets twice a day and she eats well. Her cage is 2' x 4' and she has enough plants that it takes me a while to spot her. She doesn't seem to be cold and she doesn't bask much. I'm worried that she is really stressed, she's really dark during the day and she turns bright green at night when she sleeps. Is there anything I can do to help her?
E22DFA1D-AB61-444F-A5A1-2402EB69BF9C.jpeg
C75E76E3-47E2-41E3-95E9-F81ECF210461.jpeg

Hello, I just got my baby veiled chameleon on Thursday. She looks about 4-6 months old and she is really purple. I try to keep her humidity around 70 but it drops pretty quickly. I'm feeding her 5-6 crickets twice a day and she eats well. Her cage is 2' x 4' and she has enough plants that it takes me a while to spot her. She doesn't seem to be cold and she doesn't bask much. I'm worried that she is really stressed, she's really dark during the day and she turns bright green at night when she sleeps. Is there anything I can do to help her? View attachment 297837View attachment 297838
Hmmm.... I don’t know a lot about Veiled chameleons. But I know @Beman has Veiled chameleons. Hopefully they will respond to this! If they don’t I will find another person that has veileds.

Chameleons ability to change color “relaxes” ( lack of a better word) while they sleep, explaining the bright green at night. As for the day, the environment is still very new to her and giving her space to get used to it might help. Other than that I’m not sure what the issue would be.

Hello, I just got my baby veiled chameleon on Thursday. She looks about 4-6 months old and she is really purple. I try to keep her humidity around 70 but it drops pretty quickly. I'm feeding her 5-6 crickets twice a day and she eats well. Her cage is 2' x 4' and she has enough plants that it takes me a while to spot her. She doesn't seem to be cold and she doesn't bask much. I'm worried that she is really stressed, she's really dark during the day and she turns bright green at night when she sleeps. Is there anything I can do to help her? View attachment 297837View attachment 297838
Few things: keeping the humidity at 70 is not good for veileds. During the day you want humidity to be between 30-50%, and in the very coolest part of the night (I use 12am-4am) you can have a humidity boost to 100%, or as close as you can get. What are her temps like? To me, in these photos, she look closer to 3 months. How long is she nose to vent?
The dark colors are normal. She will be a slightly muddy green during the day when shes trying to absorb heat. She will be super bright at night when shes sleeping in her pajama colors.
If you would fill out the help form I could help you even more. Also, would you post a photo of her enclosure lights down, so we can see what you guys are working with? And photos of the back of her back feet.

I have a female veieled but I’m a newbie. I understand they can turn dark to absorb more heat but my girl has never turned that dark. What is your basking temp and your room temp? I keep the house at 70 and her basking at 78-80 about 8” from the basking light and she’s bright green.

Back
Top Bottom