Chameleon colors? ((New Thread!!))

I had a thread before this but I noticed that if a thread has at least one answer, it will go unanswered after that. I made a new one because I didn't get an answer I was looking for, they commented on a completely different topic.

So I got Vivid exactly 5 months ago on August 14th bc that's my birthday. I don't really know how old he was when I got him from the pet store. He's showing just a little bit of either very light brown or red stripes, black dots of course, and a small bit of yellow and white. I was wondering when his full colors will come in? I can see a small hint of his stripes coming in the last two pictures of what I posted, if those are his stripes. I got a few pictures of my cute guy, with pictures that also proves he's male. Pictures will be under my MBD rant.

Also, I know he has MBD so please don't comment on that. I've already taken him to the vet and she gave me advise on how to make sure it doesn't advance. When I first got him I admit my husbandry wasn't the best, I wasn't using the right lights, I didn't know that I had to dust the food with calcium. After about a month of getting him at the pet store, I was afraid he was going to die because they gave me horrible husbandry advise that I didn't know was bad at the time; he wouldn't move, and he was laying down with his eyes closed. That's when I took him to the vet and learned how to better care for him and prevent it from advancing. I changed my lights to a basking heat bulb and a flourescent bulb, I started misting more, dusting crickets and other food with calcium(D3) and it's turned around his health ALOT. Since I took him to the vet and changed husbandry, he's standing up more, he's walking all over the place, he's eating just fine (being such a ferocious eater), and he is much healthier now. I've taken all the steps to make sure that he would get better and MBD would not progress any farther.

Attachments

• IMG_20170111_222724.jpg
    IMG_20170111_222724.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20170111_223138.jpg
    IMG_20170111_223138.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20170111_223106.jpg
    IMG_20170111_223106.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20170111_223257.jpg
    IMG_20170111_223257.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20170111_223324.jpg
    IMG_20170111_223324.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 72
He looks just about 6 or so months, not much older if he is. I don't think you will likely see his full colors until he is at least 12 months-18 months.

Do you know how big he was when you've got him?

I agree with @Andee that he looks to be around 6months old, but that would mean you've bought him at 1 month of age, which seems pretty young to me....
I think the improper lighting and lack of supplementation could have disturbed his growth quite a bit so he will have fallen behind and may be quite a bit older than he looks.

It will be very hard to determine his actual age but maybe, if you have a good picture of when you just got him we can judge that better and just add 5 months...

Okay so the one in the car is the exact day we got him. And the other one I just took as comparison with my thumb

Attachments

• IMG_20160814_190541.jpg
    IMG_20160814_190541.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20170112_032914.jpg
    IMG_20170112_032914.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Holy shit, he's an old geezer! Jk, but wow, a lot older than I thought. Thank you :)
My pleasure,may I suggest start feeding him even more feeders so he can pick up his growth rates before he hits 1year old mark,btw good job to turn his health around(y)
I started misting more, dusting crickets and other food with calcium(D3) and it's turned around his health ALOT. Since I took him to the vet and changed husbandry, he's standing up more, he's walking all over the place, he's eating just fine (being such a ferocious eater), and he is much healthier now

Do you know how big he was when you've got him?

I agree with @Andee that he looks to be around 6months old, but that would mean you've bought him at 1 month of age, which seems pretty young to me....
I think the improper lighting and lack of supplementation could have disturbed his growth quite a bit so he will have fallen behind and may be quite a bit older than he looks.
@RainbowBatsy i'm sorry that i was unclear about what i was talking about on your last thread. this is basically what i was trying to say is that with improper husbandry from the place you bought him from there could have been many of other reasons that could have stunted his growth. i think it definitely could have very well have been the improper supplements and lighting from where you bought him from because he has curvatures on his legs which is a sign for MBD, which normally occurs in CB chams (veileds especially)

My pleasure,may I suggest start feeding him even more feeders so he can pick up his growth rates before he hits 1year old mark,btw good job to turn his health around(y)
Thank you :) I feed him as much as he will eat, and he's a pig, so no problem there. But I may get a container crickets can't escape from so he can have an opportunity to eat more if he wants it

@RainbowBatsy i'm sorry that i was unclear about what i was talking about on your last thread. this is basically what i was trying to say is that with improper husbandry from the place you bought him from there could have been many of other reasons that could have stunted his growth. i think it definitely could have very well have been the improper supplements and lighting from where you bought him from because he has curvatures on his legs which is a sign for MBD, which normally occurs in CB chams (veileds especially)
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't understand your answer before. But thanks. Yeah when I first got him he was in a glass cage with a red light and a black light. I wouldn't doubt if he got the mbd at the petstore

Back
Top Bottom