chameleon coloring

hopeangel3301

I just recently bought a carpet chameleon. The seller had told me that she was gravid, based on her coloration (mostly black with white lateral stripe and stripes of yellow, purple, blue, red, orange). We had purchased her with a male, who unfortunately died shortly after we bought him. she has been doing great, eating well and drinking, sunning herself, etc. but shortly after he died, she changed her colors...now a base of light green with the lateral stripe and still some orange, red, yellow. any idea why the change? was she never gravid to begin with and was only displaying aggressive colors to him? (which, we think he died from her stressing him) Or is she still pregnant and there's something else going on? will try to post some pics once I get them uploaded.

I just recently bought a carpet chameleon. The seller had told me that she was gravid, based on her coloration (mostly black with white lateral stripe and stripes of yellow, purple, blue, red, orange). We had purchased her with a male, who unfortunately died shortly after we bought him. she has been doing great, eating well and drinking, sunning herself, etc. but shortly after he died, she changed her colors...now a base of light green with the lateral stripe and still some orange, red, yellow. any idea why the change? was she never gravid to begin with and was only displaying aggressive colors to him? (which, we think he died from her stressing him) Or is she still pregnant and there's something else going on? will try to post some pics once I get them uploaded.

just wondering, did you keep them in the same cage?

Back
Top Bottom