Chameleon Color Change When Eating

baypeeps

Hi everyone!!!

Okay so my panther chameleon Pascal has been getting really really dark his past few feeds? Is this normal or something I need to take caution?? I’ve heard before this can be him digesting his food but I wasn’t sure.

Thank you!

He looks thin in the legs....could you answer the questions in his thread so we can go over your husbandry please...
Mixed up threads???? :confused: That was a New Member's first (and so far only) post.

Okay so my panther chameleon Pascal has been getting really really dark his past few feeds? Is this normal or something I need to take caution?? I’ve heard before this can be him digesting his food but I wasn’t sure.
Welcome to the forum.

Before, during, after, or some combination? My male panther gets what I call "hungry colors" beginning when I put feeders in his bowl or when he hunts—IOW when he gets excited about eating. This lasts until he's done and begins basking to digest.

IDK that the colors are darker—just different. Chameleons are all different/individuals, so some may not do this at all, or some may do it in different ways, so IDK if you're seeing something like this or something different. Any more detailed info. might help.

Back
Top Bottom