Chameleon clean their eyes - a myth unleashed

PetNcs

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleons do clean their eyes of course
but the mechanism as described in literature and then uncritically parroted for almost 2 decades it’s wrong and Chameleons do not clean their eyes this way.
They do not need external water to clean the eyes, neither do they use it proactively and deliberatly and
A sikutely NO: to active intake of water through mouth and cleaning eyes from inside hsing the nasolacrimal ductus.
on the contrary they clean their eyes if we forcefully get water into their eyes by unnatural pressurized water during misting and excessive watering and simulating rain.
Let us finally remove this funny myth from the community

I understand they eye cleaning but without a mister how do you suggest water? A dripper is not a reliable good source of water, misting also helps with humidity and temperature zones inside a big cage.

I spray my kids with a high soap solution to really get them rubbing their eyes good! They sparkle with bloodshot!
And Ralphie thought this was bad
B6177816-7C38-427C-BD7D-15BDCCAB417B.jpeg

Oh fudge....

Last edited:
I understand they eye cleaning but without a mister how do you suggest water? A dripper is not a reliable good source of water, misting also helps with humidity and temperature zones inside a big cage.

the best hydration method is the
NIGHT FOGGING

A dripper a good safety tool

Pressurized water mistingbis IMHO a tool from the Past
It delivers Unnaturally excessive water in an unnatural way

Back
Top Bottom