Chameleon Cage

I have dragonstrand enclosures... What is it about yours that you actually do not like that you prefer the DS cages?

Maybe I can figure something out and can build cages with my husband together.
Ah... in that case, you can build Zen-style enclosures for much less, or you can build with wood.
You can get the Zen-style (Quick Frame) frame from here: https://f-l-8020-store.myshopify.com/collections/quick-frame
You can get Quick Frame components elsewhere; this is the only place I know of that will cut the miters for you. DIY window screen components slide right in.

Wood is even easier, and the least expensive option I'm aware of. You can get drain pans off Amazon with drain hardware. Just be sure to seal the wood with a few coats of sealer.

Last edited:
The zen habitats are pretty cool, but how could you hang branches and plants?
You get some aluminum from a big-box home improvement store (Home Despot, Lows, etc.)—bar/strap, angle, or channel (whichever you prefer), cut to length with a hacksaw, drill a hole at each end, and use sheet metal screws to attach directly to the frame. It's actually not that hard, and far less expensive than the PVC rails.

Yeah they are flimsy only bought mine was thinking of having it for outside on good weather days as its light to move. Was strange at the start as I moved from solid exoterra. Have you thought about solid panels for the back and sides I seen you have supports maybe you could attach something to boost humidity when you need it and removed when you don't make them more solid and hybrid
I can imagine that!
Now we are making a plan to build our own cages.
Thanks so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom