Chameleon Cage

Seha‘s

Hello,
I have the Zoo Med Repti Breeze XL Screen Cages for my Panther Chams and my Jacksons. I am looking for new cages because I am not satisfied with them I have now.
I would love to have the hybrid ones from Bill Strand but unfortunately I can‘t afford them for more than 1800$ inclusive shipping.
Is there anything else affordable, anyone has good experiences with and could recommend? Size not smaller than 24x24x48.
Thanks!

I have heard the screen cages from https://www.diycages.com/ are better than the ReptiBreeze. I just ordered one so I’m hoping.
https://www.zenhabitats.com/collect...osures/products/2x2x4-pvc-reptile-enclosure-1 is a pretty reasonable price for a pvc enclosure. I recently got one for my beardie and am pleased with it. My only concern about it for a chameleon is ventilation.
There’s always the option of making your own if you’re handy. Many keepers have gotten old China or curio cabinets super cheap and modified them.

I have heard the screen cages from https://www.diycages.com/ are better than the ReptiBreeze. I just ordered one so I’m hoping.
https://www.zenhabitats.com/collect...osures/products/2x2x4-pvc-reptile-enclosure-1 is a pretty reasonable price for a pvc enclosure. I recently got one for my beardie and am pleased with it. My only concern about it for a chameleon is ventilation.
There’s always the option of making your own if you’re handy. Many keepers have gotten old China or curio cabinets super cheap and modified them.

Thank you for the quick response and the ideas!
I looked up the DIY cages and they look pretty good. The price is great, the only thing is, you can‘t open the bottom door to clean the cage plus it is screened all four sides. The winters here in Minnesota are very dry and it is hard to keep the humidity. It would be nice if it had just one screen door.

You can use the shrink plastic insulation film on the back and sides as many do.
We did that already with the ones we have. We called DIYcages today and asked, but unfortunately you can‘t open the bottom door to clean the cage. I attached pictures of two of my three cages.

Attachments

• 3C14F517-00D1-4AC4-BCCB-15CAAFAF8D92.jpeg
    3C14F517-00D1-4AC4-BCCB-15CAAFAF8D92.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 110
  • 1CB5157C-169D-4C61-A303-FDC9C00E0995.jpeg
    1CB5157C-169D-4C61-A303-FDC9C00E0995.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 121
We did that already with the ones we have. We called DIYcages today and asked, but unfortunately you can‘t open the bottom door to clean the cage. I attached pictures of two of my three cages.
I didn’t know that the bottom didn’t have a service door.
PVC enclosures are all pretty much on the pricey side...you get what you pay for. Another option for your screen enclosures is using Great Stuff expanding foam to create backdrops for your back and sides. I did that with one of my XL ReptiBreezes and am pleased with the results. I foamed in places for plants and support for branches. I used lighting egg crate for support which you can see peeking thru at the bottom. Apply silicons to the great stuff and stick coco coir on it for an aesthethic look. The only thing I’m not thrilled with is the space the foam takes up and I’m currently thinking about sticking 2 ReptiBreezes together to make a double sized enclosure.
D5AA5BE2-F4C3-455B-A439-5A4D9B7A4304.jpeg

Hello,
I have the Zoo Med Repti Breeze XL Screen Cages for my Panther Chams and my Jacksons. I am looking for new cages because I am not satisfied with them I have now.
I would love to have the hybrid ones from Bill Strand but unfortunately I can‘t afford them for more than 1800$ inclusive shipping.
Is there anything else affordable, anyone has good experiences with and could recommend? Size not smaller than 24x24x48.
Thanks!
Hi what is it that your not happy with with your repti breeze. Welcome

It is built very flimsy.
We can‘t get them in stores in the Twin Cities, therefore I have to order them online. I ordered them from amazon, they came broken, I ordered them 6 times from petco, all of them came broken.
It is just disappointing, because I know that the Germans usually don‘t build cheap stuff like that.

I didn’t know that the bottom didn’t have a service door.
PVC enclosures are all pretty much on the pricey side...you get what you pay for. Another option for your screen enclosures is using Great Stuff expanding foam to create backdrops for your back and sides. I did that with one of my XL ReptiBreezes and am pleased with the results. I foamed in places for plants and support for branches. I used lighting egg crate for support which you can see peeking thru at the bottom. Apply silicons to the great stuff and stick coco coir on it for an aesthethic look. The only thing I’m not thrilled with is the space the foam takes up and I’m currently thinking about sticking 2 ReptiBreezes together to make a double sized enclosure.
View attachment 282139
Thank you for sharing!
I had some cool ideas, too.
Maybe I can figure something out and can build cages with my husband together.
Or I will order one cage from DIYcages just to see how they are and if we can transform them somehow.

Dragon strand cages are the best but I cannot afford them.

Currently I use exo terra since I wasn't a fan of reptibreeze. I use the 36 × 36 × 18. Mine don't cage roam as much with a longer. Cage and even with a 24 wide cage it looked too tight with my veiled.

Josh

Hi,
I just looked them up again and they really look pretty cool!
I watched the video of the CEO and all the materials they use are quality made!
Probably I will safe for them...
I have one for my bearded dragon and it is very cool! Zen habitats are made with quality products, and they're simple to put together...I just don't know how you'd hang anything, aside from using suction cups (which could be tricky figuring out how to attach branches and flower pots to. Lol) or drilling holes.

I have one for my bearded dragon and it is very cool! Zen habitats are made with quality products, and they're simple to put together...I just don't know how you'd hang anything, aside from using suction cups (which could be tricky figuring out how to attach branches and flower pots to. Lol) or drilling holes.

I really don‘t know... you would think that if you pay the money someone else already had figured that out right?
Maybe I can find answers on their fan websites.

Yeah they are flimsy only bought mine was thinking of having it for outside on good weather days as its light to move. Was strange at the start as I moved from solid exoterra. Have you thought about solid panels for the back and sides I seen you have supports maybe you could attach something to boost humidity when you need it and removed when you don't make them more solid and hybrid

Back
Top Bottom