Chameleon Cage

koolkidTerrence

So I recently redecorated my cage and I was wondering if it was okay. I’m new to this but I would like to get input :)

Attachments

• DF46475D-C44E-441E-B93A-BD239D717AB3.jpeg
    DF46475D-C44E-441E-B93A-BD239D717AB3.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 100
Do you have a linear UVB bulb on top or just the dome lights? Do you have a lay bin for her yet? If not, you're really gonna want to get the correct light and a lay bin ready for her.

Do you have a linear UVB bulb on top or just the dome lights? Do you have a lay bin for her yet? If not, you're really gonna want to get the correct light and a lay bin ready for her.
I do not have the laying bin but I will make it first thing tomorrow and I have a UVB bulb but it’s the one that came with the bearded dragon kit.

I do not have the laying bin but I will make it first thing tomorrow and I have a UVB bulb but it’s the one that came with the bearded dragon kit.
Your girl won't do well for long unless you get a linear bulb and fixture. You can buy both on Amazon. The landed cost is like $75. Its one of the most crucial parts of husbandry as without it your girl could develop irreversible MBD. For veileds' you need a 10.0 reptisun or 12% Arcadia linear light. Hope that helps.

i havent gotten a chameleon yet so this might be a really dumb question, but are laying bins only for females, i wouldnt need one for a male right, i know i must sound really stupid but i just want the best for my soon to be cham

Your girl won't do well for long unless you get a linear bulb and fixture. You can buy both on Amazon. The landed cost is like $75. Its one of the most crucial parts of husbandry as without it your girl could develop irreversible MBD. For veileds' you need a 10.0 reptisun or 12% Arcadia linear light. Hope that helps.
It is a 10.0 uvb bulb but it’s not linear it’s like a coil ish

i havent gotten a chameleon yet so this might be a really dumb question, but are laying bins only for females, i wouldnt need one for a male right, i know i must sound really stupid but i just want the best for my soon to be cham

It’s ok, lay bins are just for females. Veileds lay regardless of male. You also have to manage temp and feeding closer too manage the number of clutches and eggs. It is not any more difficult, just a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom