CHAMELEON BULGING EYE OUT

Hi, I’ve had my chameleon Hugo for around 2-3 months now. He’s a veiled male, and if you need any more info i can fill out the husbandry form. He’s bulging one eye out, and this is the second time this week. It’s also kinda near a stick and maybe he’s rubbing it on there?? I don’t know.

okay so he stopped doing it. i’ll fill the husbandry form out below :)

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Male, veiled chameleon. Around 5 months old, been in my care since late October.
Handling - minimally, maybe 2 times a week for short periods.
Feeding - about 5-8 medium crickets daily, gutloaded mainly with apples. Hornworms are the main worm i use as treats.
Supplements - zoomed i think is the brand- supplements without d3 daily and with d3 every other or every third day.
Watering - hand misting, 3-4 times a day, i’ve seen him drink before
Fecal Description - never been tested for parasites, poop is usually half brown and half white, normal consistency
History - nothing really
Cage Info:

Cage Type - pressure treated wood frame with mesh. 2x2x4 ft
Lighting - strip uvb and i believe zoomed heating. in the morning to night- about 12 hours ish
Temperature - usually mid to high 70s in the day and 65 ish at night. digital thermometer.
Humidity - using hygrometer, usually around 50-80 but i need a new one it doesn’t work.
Plants - yes to live, don’t know the names but i checked them on here.
Placement - i need to place it elsewhere when i get space, it’s on the floor right now.
Location - Boston, Ma
Current Problem - eye bulge

I have heard of chams bulging eyes out and rubbing to get rid of shed, if he’s about to shed then that could explain it.

okay so he stopped doing it. i’ll fill the husbandry form out below :)

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Male, veiled chameleon. Around 5 months old, been in my care since late October.
Feeding - about 5-8 medium crickets daily, gutloaded mainly with apples. Hornworms are the main worm i use as treats.
Supplements - zoomed i think is the brand- supplements without d3 daily and with d3 every other or every third day.
Fecal Description - never been tested for parasites, poop is usually half brown and half white, normal consistency
History - nothing really
Cage Info:

Lighting - strip uvb and i believe zoomed heating. in the morning to night- about 12 hours ish
Temperature - usually mid to high 70s in the day and 65 ish at night. digital thermometer.
Humidity - using hygrometer, usually around 50-80 but i need a new one it doesn’t work.
Placement - i need to place it elsewhere when i get space, it’s on the floor right now.
Location - Boston, Ma
Can you post pictures of your entire enclosure lights down and of your cham?

@sophia.correnti Please see my feedback in red bold.

Chameleon Info:

Feeding - about 5-8 medium crickets daily, gutloaded mainly with apples. Hornworms are the main worm i use as treats. Gutload is not adequate. Switch to a commercial gut load like repashy bug burger. Follow the directions for mixing it and use that instead.
Supplements - zoomed i think is the brand- supplements without d3 daily and with d3 every other or every third day. You are supplementing with D3 way too frequently. Do you have a multivitamin? Please post pics of your supplements so I can give you exact feedback for what you have.
History - nothing really
Cage Info:

Lighting - strip uvb and i believe zoomed heating. in the morning to night- about 12 hours ish What kind of Fixture is it a T8 or a T5HO and what is the bulb strength? What is the distance from the fixture to the branch below it?
Placement - i need to place it elsewhere when i get space, it’s on the floor right now. Really needs to be up on a table to reduce stress for the chameleon.
Location - Boston, Ma

Back
Top Bottom