Chameleon breeding

Dano650

At what age do or can chameleons start to breed. I have a male and female veiled. They are around the age of three to four months. I can put up pics upon request. Thaaanks :)

Well, I had them both in the same enclosure for a few minutes and he mounted on top of her. It was very clear he was trying to mate with her. His junk was all out and in her. Maybe he's not old enough to produce sperm??

Well, I had them both in the same enclosure for a few minutes and he mounted on top of her. It was very clear he was trying to mate with her. His junk was all out and in her. Maybe he's not old enough to produce sperm??
How old is he? How old is she?

I agree that they both are to young but it sure looked like they were mating. I think the female might be around 5 months and the male 3-4.

They were way to young to put together. Make sure you have a laying bin for your female. In would also have a good chameleon vet lined up because atbthat age she may verybwell have problems laying. Do you have liquid calcium?

I agree they were far too young to put together. But it's entirely possible she is going to be gravid if he inseminated her. She can technically produce eggs and he can fertilize them. However it is very possible she could have severe complications during the laying process.

I will setup a little bucket for her and watch her actions. My first time dealing with a gravid chameleon so I'm a little nervous about it because I don't wAnt it to harm her.

I am confused as to why you would even put them together, when the female is so young. I hope she comes through it ok. You might want to do some research and make sure you have the correct supplements so she doesn't end up with MBD.

I am confused as to why you would even put them together, when the female is so young. I hope she comes through it ok. You might want to do some research and make sure you have the correct supplements so she doesn't end up with MBD.

They were in the same cage when I bought them...

They were in the same cage when I bought them...
Yes, but you've been a member here since 2013. I would have assumed that you would've learned about the proper way to keep them, just from reading the posts and care sheets here.

Yes, but you've been a member here since 2013. I would have assumed that you would've learned about the proper way to keep them, just from reading the posts and care sheets here.

I haven't been on since 2013. I didn't have a chameleon at the time. Plus I've never bred chameleons. I was only looking for advice because I hear so many different things. So chill out bud.

I haven't been on since 2013. I didn't have a chameleon at the time. Plus I've never bred chameleons. I was only looking for advice because I hear so many different things. So chill out bud.
Your profile says that you have been a member of this forum since 2013. I would've thought you would have done a little research before just throwing two animals together like that. Good luck. Your attitude really isn't going to help you. I wasn't a bit confrontational in my previous post, maybe you need to chill out a little.

Back
Top Bottom