Chameleo’s setup - critisism welcomed

mBuxx

Established Member
Hello, looking for recommendations on chameleo’s home. I’m thinking of adding a couple more vertical branches at different heights. Up until now there was a feeder dish hanging in middle of enclosure. It was blocking the light, I’m hoping the plant fills out a bit better now.

What do you guys do for vertical access to the bottom of the cage, is it necessary for a male? I do have a small branch down there Incase he does get down there somehow he can get back up.

Great setup. Looks very nice. He needs to have a path up and down the vertical space to thermoregulate. They are creative climbers and he'll find his way up and down, but creating a little highway will certainly help.

Great setup. Looks very nice. He needs to have a path up and down the vertical space to thermoregulate. They are creative climbers and he'll find his way up and down, but creating a little highway will certainly help.

Ok sounds good, there is a vine on each side that goes down to the pot of the plant.

Also my plant is always dropping leaves, but it also grows like crazy. Is this something I should be concerned about ?

Ok sounds good, there is a vine on each side that goes down to the pot of the plant.

Also my plant is always dropping leaves, but it also grows like crazy. Is this something I should be concerned about ?

I am not a plant expert by any means, but I know some plants drop leaves when they are healthy and growing. Maybe someone with the same plant can chime in and offer more advice. I'm assuming it's a money tree you're talking about here?

It looks wonderful. I would add more branches or vines at different heights. You can use like an exo terra vine to create a path that looks natural and weaves vertically through the enclosure as well. :)

Reactions: iMi
If it's the schefflera dropping leaves, it may not be getting enough light. Plants usually drop their lower leaves and get leggy (stretched out) if they don't enough light. Are you running any plant bulbs?

If it's the schefflera dropping leaves, it may not be getting enough light. Plants usually drop their lower leaves and get leggy (stretched out) if they don't enough light. Are you running any plant bulbs?

Yes, it’s a dual fixture with a 6500k full spectrum light in it.

Could it still be adjusting after 2 and a half months?

Back
Top Bottom