Chamaeleon calyptratus...

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
"Veiled chameleons were first imported into the United States in 1990, with the first captive matings occurring later that year and the first clutch hatching in 1991 (Tremper 1995) at the San Diego Zoo.".....
https://cdn.ymaws.com/members.arav.org/resource/resmgr/Files/Proceedings_1997/1997_07.pdf

"The effect of carotenoid supplementation on immune system development in juvenile male veiled chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus)"....
https://frontiersinzoology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1742-9994-11-26

Odontogenesis...
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003996912003809

Last edited:
I was many years out of high school by 1991! :) :(

My father always told me if he caught me smoking a (regular) cigarette, he'd buy the biggest cigar he could find and make me inhale every puff. What would he have done to me if it had not been a regular cigarette??
I used to laugh about it because I had no intention of smoking....and as he was "threatening" me, my sister was out behind the garage smoking with her friends.
Later my Dad bet my husband $5. that he couldn't quit smoking...and he did....for $5????
BTW...my parents both smoked and my siblings all did. I was the only one who didn't.

Last edited:
she aint wrong! anything 2000- is ancient times (triggers adults)
That is EXACTLY what she says. She always tell me, "mom, you were born in the 1900s!!" Im like yeah, but barely. She was born 2007 so she cant fathom living in the 1900s. Hahaha. It is a crack up.

I guess, judging by your post about middle school, you are right there with her...somewhere in that range.

My father always told me if he caught me smoking a (regular) cigarette, he'd buy the biggest cigar he could find and make me inhale every puff. What would he have done to me if it had not been a regular cigarette??
My grandparents had custody of my cousin for a while, when he was like 8 my grandpa caught him smoking a (regular) cigarette. My grandpa did go buy the biggest cigar he could find and told Cory to sit down and smoke every single bit of it (thinking it would make him sick). Cory sat on the porch step, crossed his legs, and was going to smoke every bit of it! Lol. About halfway through my grandpa realized his plan was not going down like he though and took it away from him. He got grounded instead. Lol.

My daughter and I were talking about the black lives matter movement and she says "no one has onwed slaves since ancient times, like the 1990s"
Im like, whoa up baby girl, ANCIENT TIMES??? Lol.
When I tell my kids and grandkids (did I say that?) stories from my past I start by saying "back in the days when I was a kid and the wheel hadn't been invented"...

My grandparents had custody of my cousin for a while, when he was like 8 my grandpa caught him smoking a (regular) cigarette. My grandpa did go buy the biggest cigar he could find and told Cory to sit down and smoke every single bit of it (thinking it would make him sick). Cory sat on the porch step, crossed his legs, and was going to smoke every bit of it! Lol. About halfway through my grandpa realized his plan was not going down like he though and took it away from him. He got grounded instead. Lol.
Exactly! Sometimes a punishment isn't well thought out!

When I went to grade one, in the winter if the teacher couldn't get the old furnace in the middle of the one roomed school going, we could go home. For my friend....home was 6 miles away....long way for a 6 year old to walk in cold winter weather alone. (Her brother gave her rides to and from school pat normal times.)

Back
Top Bottom