chamaeleo africanus babies

aris

Today after almost ten months my africanus eggs started hatching!:)
P1000298.jpg
P1000299.jpg
P1000301.jpg

Absolutely Awesome!!!
What an underrated species like most Chamaeleo. Do you have photos of the parents? Do you know the parents country of orgin?

Sorry i have no pictures of the parents:(.They didn't make,they where wc specimens from Egypt.They look very similar to the Greek population that lives in pylos peloponnese.Is there any special tip on raising those babies?I can't find infos..

Here in Greece it is also illegal.But living in a f...ed up country has some bennefits too...For example i can keep whatever reptile species i like in my house without asking no one:).

Here in Greece it is also illegal.But living in a f...ed up country has some bennefits too...For example i can keep whatever reptile species i like in my house without asking no one:).

HAAAAAAA I love that comment!!!! Chams are illegal in the state of Mass as well. It's so stupid

At least you will have money to buy some food!In a few months here in Greece i will collect locusts from the mountain near my town not to feed my chameleons but to feed myself!!!:D:D:D

aris gave me 2 of these babies for free!Great guy,great reptile keeper and great friend.

We're propably the only ones in Greece that actually own this kind of chameleons...

I keep my babies in a 38 gallon exo-terra flex with a nice pothos and I'm cup feeding them for the moment.

I noticed that they re really more energetic/acrobatic and aggresive than the other subspecies,for example mine jump from leaf to leaf (vertically) and when i had to handle them one of them bit my finger and didnt let go!

If i get a chance i ll take a picture of them in my setup

NICE! congrants!

do you know how "your" greek population of africanus are doing?... I have heard the africanus project has stoped .... more or less

Don't get me wrong casperpetersen but i don't care what will happen to the Greek population of africanus.These chameleons where introduced to this area from the ancient Greeks thousand years ago but i still don't think that they should live in Pylos.Chamaeleon chameleon is a species that lived in many Greek island since for ever and they worth much more attention in my opinion.My father is from Samos the island that has the biggest and healthier population of European chameleon in Greece:)

Back
Top Bottom