Cham wont drink

icekunai

Ive been watching my cham closely and his eyes started to sink, just a tad. He just doesnt drink! I have a dripper and I mist very often. Do I need to just spray him in the face until he opens his mouth? Help =[

A lot of the times you won't see your Chan drink. You can if he is by looking at his urinate. The white part of his poop. What color is it?

Its been turning more of a light orangey...which is a sign of dehydration =[ So I know he is being stubborn! He is only about 2 months old. I just dont know what will work!

You might try giving him a shower. If theres a reason hes not drinking to the point of dehydration, you may want to try and find out what it is:confused:

Like, a shower shower? haha.....how do I do that exactly? :confused:

Yea Im not sure.....Im very new to the cham world still, but Im doing everything right! Im a frequent forum visitor..is it possible he still doesnt know how?

He knows how!
Yes a shower shower.
This is how I do it:
Shower on luke warm, not hot, not cold, not warm warm.
Point le shower head at wall.
Put le chameleon on plant.
Put said plant containing said chameleon in shower
to where half the plant is getting hit by the droplets
bouncing off the wall.
The other half will be for escaping the "rain" if nessecary.
Leave for 30min.

This gives the chameleon plenty of time to decide that it is indeed raining, and that it is indeed time to drink. You should go ahead and fill out the how to ask for help form maybe, just to make sure everythings ok.

Take an eye dropper and drop water on his nose. just keep doing it for awhile and see if that does not get him to start drinking.

Thanks guys I will give it a try :)

And yup! Good new UVB, reptiglo 5.0. I dust my crickets every feeding with calcium minus the D3

Back
Top Bottom