Cham won’t eat crickets

PicoTheCham

Recently my veiled cham has been refusing to eat his crickets...
He really likes super worms and I would use that as a new staple but I heard they’re not good staples as they can be hard to digest. I don’t feel comfortable with roaches, any reccomendations for different staple foods? Can super worms work?
I need help lol!!

I personally would not do super worms--maybe as a treat. A combo of BSFL and silkworms could be okay I suppose. Ideally a variety of food is best.

Roaches arnt that bad I'm a recent concert they're easy, smell less, make zero noise, are virtually cannot escape and could survive everything short of a nuclear bomb, and maybe even that!

Im slowly converting from crickets to roaches, plus other feeders. The roaches are much easier, although theyre still kinda gross.

I love silkworms as a staple, so do my chams... but they get sick of anything if they get it too often so i try to rotate between crickets, dubia, and silkworms on a weekly basis (3 feedings per week, 1 feeding of each per week). Plus other stuff like supers, bsfl, hornworms, moths, etc.

I’d give silkworms a try... but dubia (or roaches in general) are the easiest to breed and cheapest to maintain.

I personally would not do super worms--maybe as a treat. A combo of BSFL and silkworms could be okay I suppose. Ideally a variety of food is best.

Roaches arnt that bad I'm a recent concert they're easy, smell less, make zero noise, are virtually cannot escape and could survive everything short of a nuclear bomb, and maybe even that!
thanks for all the help!
Where can I get silkworms? I don’t think I’ve seen them at pet stores, etc... so wondering where I should?

My guys tend to max out at around 4-5 appropriately sized silkworms. I throw in a super or two at that point.

I’m away for a few weeks but I’ll have silkworms and hornworms for sale when i get back.

Thanks!! I’ll probably order them tomorrow!
How many should I feed him each day? I had been feeding him 7-9 large crickets every day and on weekends 4-5.
My guys tend to max out at around 4-5 appropriately sized silkworms. I throw in a super or two at that point.

I’m away for a few weeks but I’ll have silkworms and hornworms for sale when i get back.

What Snitz said ^

Back
Top Bottom