Cham won’t drink

Kelley Meyer

My cham won’t drink. She’s 3-4 mos, I got her 2 weeks ago, and haven’t seen her drink, not once. Her urates are yellow-orange, so I’ve been giving her water from a syringe once a day. When I do this, they’re white. Is this once-a-day routine sustainable or will it stress her out too much? She’s too young for the shower method.

If the chameleon's urates are all yellow/orange then it definitely needs some water.

I agree with what @MissSkittles says...
"How often and for how long are you misting? Do you have a dripper? Can you post a pic of your enclosure please?"
Also a photo of the chameleon.

You should also answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum.

How often and for how long are you misting? Do you have a dripper? Can you post a pic of your enclosure please?
I mist 3 times a day, a couple mins each time. The humidity gauge stays between 40-60%. And, yes, I have a dripper which is accessible at all times. It drips onto plants as in the wild and she won’t touch it. I use distilled water in the Little Dripper. I have a good-sized cage and it’s one of the screened ones.

Hi @Kelley Meyer the best place to start is at the beginning this has been added by @Lindasjackson if you can fill this out ( and if this takes time ) post pictures of your enclosure first this will best help members to provide the best help . As chameleons can be shy drinkers urates sometimes are the best way to see if they are hydrated. But plz fill out the husbandry form ASAP so as we can get a better understanding of everything 😉

Back
Top Bottom