Cham still black

Alexdoe

Hey guys. So yesterday afternoon i had to make some changes to my chams tank. Some of the features, which looked awesome, were just impractical. So i moved some things around and removed one of the fake plants to add more branch space. So ofcourse my little henrik was terrified and turned black pretty much instantly. This was 24 hours ago. He is still black. Is this normal? How long until i should worry?

Baby veiled still black. Starting to worry

Hey guys. So yesterday afternoon i had to make some changes to my chams tank. Some of the features, which looked awesome, were just impractical. So i moved some things around and removed one of the fake plants to add more branch space. So ofcourse my little henrik was terrified and turned black pretty much instantly. This was 24 hours ago. He is still black. Is this normal? How long until i should worry?

I know this isnt a temperature issue. His basking spot hovers between 80-85 and the cool spots around 72

Uvb is brand new 5.0 bulb

They don't like change, so it could take a few days to return to normal.

When you say 'some features', has he still got cover to hide in if needed?

Tank...? Do you mean like glass fish/reptile tank? If so, this is not good for your chameleon. He needs air flow and an all screen cage is best. Even though it's the same enclosure, the mere fact that you moved stuff around or changed things, makes the enclosure new to your cham. It's normal for them to be stressed for a few days as they get used to their new environment.

Yes there is still hiding places. Im going to post a picture. Its hard to see but there are branches and vines behind the plants. And sorry i keep him in a screen cage. Not sure why i said tank haha. Heres a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 128
Is this a veiled? They go a muddy color for awhile as they mature and change from their bright green baby colors to their adult colors.

Back
Top Bottom