Cham sitting (SF Bay Area)???

Monsterzero

Hello,

my family and I will be taking a short vacation starting in July and I was hoping that my local vet (Livermore area) would be able to "babysit" my Panther Cham while we were away, as he too is a reptile hobbyist. Unfortunately, I got confirmation that he will be unavailable and so I am looking for someone what can offer their Cham pet sitting services, while we're away. Or if you might know of someone who could help, please let me know.
Thanks!

There should be a list on the site for things like this.
We do it in a reef forum I'm in, though its a bit easier as its a NJ specific club.
Good luck with the search.

There should be a list on the site for things like this.
We do it in a reef forum I'm in, though its a bit easier as its a NJ specific club.
Good luck with the search.
Thanks for the reply. If such a list exists, please let me know, as my search for "Chameleon sitting San Francisco" hasn't yielded any good leads. Thanks!

Depending on how long you're gone and how automated your setup is they can usually go a full week with no problem (granted no power outages).

Depending on how long you're gone and how automated your setup is they can usually go a full week with no problem (granted no power outages).
Trust me, I did consider this option initially. But, the guy who designed the auto cricket feeder (Nick @ Verge Pets) said he only did the one run, and isn't planning on doing anymore in the future.
I've even looked for a used auto cricket feeder, but no luck.

Ya the feeding is definitely the bottleneck. I have had someone stop by every other day to add pre measured feeders. I have also just heavily fed the week before and left a container of soldier flys in the cage that emerged throughout the week.

I’d love to help, but unfortunately i’ll also be on vacation in july.
Thanks for considering it. We are going to be gone in the beginning of July.
If anyone else happens to be available in the San Francisco Bay area kindly let me know. I would rather interest someone who has a Chameleon then someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Can you be more specific where in the Bay Area? I live in the East Bay.

Also, on a related note, I choose dubia's because when I go on vacation, they can't escape. They just sit in the feeder cup.

Can you be more specific where in the Bay Area? I live in the East Bay.

Also, on a related note, I choose dubia's because when I go on vacation, they can't escape. They just sit in the feeder cup.
I’m in Livermore, but I’m open to bringing my Cham to someone’s home, they’re OK with that.

Back
Top Bottom