Cham not basking as much because of mister?

Escalade

Well I finally got my mistking up and running yesterday and I'm positive my 4 month old panther doesn't like it.

He's always hated when I misted and everytime I would mist he would hide lower in the cage. My mistking comes on 4 times a day every 2 hours for 30 seconds. For the past 2 days everytime I look for him in his cage he isn't basking which he usually is. Today and yesterday I found him low semi dark colors.

Will he get used to it as time go's on and accept getting misted? I'm just scared hes not going to bask and have trouble digesting his food. The water temp is around 70 degrees btw.

All chams are different, one of my chams actually likes to get sprayed directly by the mister, the other one (younger) runs away from it and then later returns to sip water off of the leaves. Give the lil guy some time and he should get used to it.

The reason for misting is to supply a water source for drinking and to regulate humidity. Each chameleon is different, some like the spray others don't . If you believe your chammy is not basking as much you may be getting his favorite area wet. Try redirecting your mister away from his basking spot. Would you want to be sprayed with cold water while laying in bed all nice and toasty.

Escalade you are doing a good job, asking lots a questions and going thru the normal new keeper nervous time. Like I said before relax, enjoy you new friend. Give him Time to acclimate he's just as nervous as you.

The reason for misting is to supply a water source for drinking and to regulate humidity. Each chameleon is different, some like the spray others don't . If you believe your chammy is not basking as much you may be getting his favorite area wet. Try redirecting your mister away from his basking spot. Would you want to be sprayed with cold water while laying in bed all nice and toasty.

Escalade you are doing a good job, asking lots a questions and going thru the normal new keeper nervous time. Like I said before relax, enjoy you new friend. Give him Time to acclimate he's just as nervous as you.

lol no i would be pretty pissed if someone misted me while i was lying in bed haha

I do ask a lot of questions lol they just keep popping up in my head when will it end!!??

It will never end. If you want to be a good keeper it's always good to gather information and opinions. Better safe than sorry.

Is your water too cold? Try using hot water.

Otherwise the solution would be to aim the mister to where he never is. The area will get wet and he will walk over there to drink at his own leisure.

Back
Top Bottom