Cham keeps falling

I use an Arcadia 6% T5 High Output for UVB, 6500k plant bulbs and a 60 watt household bulb for basking. It is the clear glass incandescent type in a reflective dome fixture.

I use a 5.0 reptisun and a 5.5 dome lamp witha 75watt bulb. This is the ideal setup for a veiled.

I tried a 75 watt with my setup, and quickly had temps over 100 degrees. Depends on the positioning of the fixture and the temperature of the enclosure. You may need to up the wattage in the cooler months if you have a cooler home, or move the fixture closer or farther away to optimize temps.

I have some plastic coated wire that is small enough to go thru the mesh and I attach Apollo's vines to his cage that way. I just make sure the wire ends are outside his cage so he can't poke himself. No holes needed in the screen or the walls. You can find the wire at a nurshery, Home Depot or in a pinch, a bread bag tie would work for awhile. Be careful that he can't get his foot caught in it also. Have fun:)

I know this isn't what any of you or I wanted to to see or hear. Ugh.... So I went home on my lunch break.. And found my Cham on the floor of cage hiding in corner. With dark colors(stressed) but as soon as I went to see what was up he slowly moved and then bolted to the top and his colors changed to a bright green. So of course I freaked out... I gave him a good spray down.. And lowered bulb a little, temps were at (74) I had put 10 crickets in cage this morning still has 5 left... I also added a bigger vine quick above where he was on ground in case that is we're he fell again. This morning it was close to same spot where I seen him fall.( I need to get off work, I'm stressed I don't want him to get hurt)

Help....... Ever since I put him in the new cage he has seemed worry some...

Also another though I have his free range tree next to cage, maybe he is trying to get to that?

I think he has been acting weird and trying to get to his free range.. I have been monitoring him.. He went all the way to bottoms of cage to the corner pushing against the screen, back and forth. And noticed he kept going to the same side of cage. Trying over and over. So I opened the bottom part and he ran straight for his tree.

Should I have that in a different room so he can't see it?

Back
Top Bottom