cham in the rain

sarroca808

its been raining on and off for about 4 days know my cham is inside with no uvb light cuz he usally stays outside the whole time the sun is up. can i still put him outside in the rain or is that not a good idea? i did it yesterday i had to wait like 10 mins for him to finally come off his branch to my finger :( i got soaked

Yeah this Sunday the day started off real nice. With the sun out so I putthem outside. So I left. Then it began to rain hard when I came Back to put them inside both were drinking water of the leaves in their inclosures. It was kinds cold so I put them back inside with their basking lamps on. I also haven't had the uvb on for a few days now.

Yes the rain is good. He willrecieve some uvb being outside. Wild jacksons wont seek a home to stay dry when its raining so I think its safe to keep him outdoors when it rains during the day. It might be safe to bring him in the late afternoon or evening and keep him indoors all night, then bring in outside in the morning. I would try to him cycled with the HI seasons and weather the best I could if I were you.

Yeah this Sunday the day started off real nice. With the sun out so I putthem outside. So I left. Then it began to rain hard when I came Back to put them inside both were drinking water of the leaves in their inclosures. It was kinds cold so I put them back inside with their basking lamps on. I also haven't had the uvb on for a few days now.

Why would you not have the UVB on while the chams are inside?

Yes the rain is good. He willrecieve some uvb being outside. Wild jacksons wont seek a home to stay dry when its raining so I think its safe to keep him outdoors when it rains during the day. It might be safe to bring him in the late afternoon or evening and keep him indoors all night, then bring in outside in the morning. I would try to him cycled with the HI seasons and weather the best I could if I were you.

i live in hawaii :D

I would think being in Hawaii you could leave them out all the time as long as they have some type of shelter to go to in severe weather. Unless you're having a Tsunami :). What kind of cham do you have and how is your set up? Just curious.

its been raining on and off for about 4 days know my cham is inside with no uvb light cuz he usally stays outside the whole time the sun is up. can i still put him outside in the rain or is that not a good idea? i did it yesterday i had to wait like 10 mins for him to finally come off his branch to my finger :( i got soaked

If he normally lives outside and you are in HI he should be fine in the rain. If he has some dense bushy cover to hide in however. If it got really chilly (down in the 50s) you might bring him in. I don't know what you folks think is cold.

If you have a Jackson chameleon the rain won't bother it. After all, they do live in Hawaii and are exposed to the elements.
One thing you may want to do is to cover 1/2 of the top of the cage. That way, if they want to get out of the rain, he will go for the cover. My Jacksons live outside all year round and most of the time they stay out in the rain.

Last edited:
He will be fine without UVB for a few days if you don't want to put him out in the rain. Sure in the wild it would be normal for him to be out in the rain..... but I would keep him inside.

How come you don't have a UVB lamp for when you need to bring him in?

I would think being in Hawaii you could leave them out all the time as long as they have some type of shelter to go to in severe weather. Unless you're having a Tsunami :). What kind of cham do you have and how is your set up? Just curious.

i have the common jackson but hes my baby :D ill take pics of my set up i have one cage inside and one inside :D

Back
Top Bottom