Cham hasn't pooped in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chameleonparents

Hey everyone, I'm calling out for some help or advice. My male veiled Cham is about four to six months old and I purchased him about 7 days ago. I have noticed that he hasn't had any bowel movements what's so ever, I've given him warm showers and pear baby food but nothing's doing the trim, I'm becoming increasingly worried about the little guy. His behaviour seems normal and he looks healthy and is active at feeding time, part of me wants to think that I'm just missing his poo but I haven't found anything yet and I'm quite worried

Any suggestions?

try spraying him directly with warm water from a misting bottle. It always does the trick for me. Put hot water in the bottle. It will squirt out warm. Check the temp first before you spray. Even if he runs from the mist, just keep spraying. I don't think I would continue to feed the pears. How are you going about doing this? Force feeding? If so, you are just going to cause undo stress on your chameleon which could lead to further problems.

I've heard that feeding silk and especially hornworms will loosen him up. And yes, lots and lots of warm water. I would agree with cutting out the baby food. Stick to loose chameleon food, like the worms.

You may try putting hm out in some natural sunlight.
Keep him hydrated.
I think you will have a poo soon enough ;)

Not all chameleons go on schedule or have any kind of regular bowel movements. How is his appetite?

Going out on a limb here...
Did the past owners have him/her on substrate or have fake plants? If so, maybe some xrays to be sure.

I am very new at reptile care and I believe I've made a horrendous mistake, he has a substrate mixture of soil wood chips and moss bought at the store And he has consumed the moss before. I believe this is making him constipated

Try the warm misting. If that does not do it I would take him to the vet and get an xray to rule out blockage of any kind. Double check the cage over and over for poop that could be "hiding" Check in the plant pots if you have them, the sides of branches and vines, etc. I once thought my chameleon was not going either and found it in between the rocks in the potted plant. Substrate can be dangerous and I hope that is not the case here. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom