Cham has had spotty pattern for passed few days

Hey everyone. My 10 month old female veiled chameleon, cami, has had a very “spotty“ pattern the passed few days and seems like she’s scared or something and that’s what I read online that a spotty pattern represents with Chams. Her humidity and temp is perfect. (45-50% humidity/ 78-81F for basking temp) She eats as much as give her (about 6 feeders a day), and was totally fine before the passed few days. And still seems in good health I just don’t want her to feel scared! I’ve attached a pic of her and her enclosure. And also her fecal. Which looks the most normal it has in a while. So don’t think she has any real medical issues. And I have felt covering 2 sides of the cage so she doesn’t see me moving around too much because she stays in my room so could it be she feels trapped when I close the cage door? Seems the most logical now that I think about it

Attachments

• 9CB4941A-91CF-4E14-B377-8122734A525B.jpeg
    9CB4941A-91CF-4E14-B377-8122734A525B.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 97
I don't have females, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't feed a mature female 6 feeders a day to reduce clutch size. Please fill this out so people that do have females can help you :)

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Do you have a laybin in her cage...if not, get one there ASAP.
Opaque container ...at least 8 X 12 X 8 inches deep...filled with washed play sand that you have made just moist enough to hold a tunnel.

Do you have a laybin in her cage...if not, get one there ASAP.
Opaque container ...at least 8 X 12 X 8 inches deep...filled with washed play sand that you have made just moist enough to hold a tunnel.
She has a lay bun you can see it on the bottom of the picture of the whole cage setup. She laid eggs 2-3 weeks ago though, 36 to be exact so it seems unlikely she’s ready to lay more

She has a lay bun you can see it on the bottom of the picture of the whole cage setup. She laid eggs 2-3 weeks ago though, 36 to be exact so it seems unlikely she’s ready to lay more
She may lay another clutch.... It is possible for her to lay another one a month later.

She may lay another clutch.... It is possible for her to lay another one a month later.
Oh alright that’s very interesting, I had no clue of that.. I read it was only every 3-6 months for female veileds so Thank you for letting me know that

Your overfeeding her for her age as well. She should only be getting 2-3 feeders every other day at this point to reduce clutch size.
Okay good to know. she always seems hungry after her first 3 feeders when I wake up so im probably not gutloading right. what is the correct way to gutload her insects. I’ve been doing varied vegetables for dubias and crickets that’s about it.

Okay good to know. she always seems hungry after her first 3 feeders when I wake up so im probably not gutloading right. what is the correct way to gutload her insects. I’ve been doing varied vegetables for dubias and crickets that’s about it.
What size and type of feeders are you giving her? You can use fresh fruit and veg variety or you can buy repashy bug burger as well.

What size and type of feeders are you giving her? You can use fresh fruit and veg variety or you can buy repashy bug burger as well.
Medium dubias and medium/large sized crickets.. whatever the store I go to has but always medium dubias that are about half an inch in length. And ok thank you I’ll throw some fruit in their containers!

Yes. My apologies I forgot to mention that. Is that a factor as to why she’s a little extra moody right now?
She mellowEd out a lot last night and was a good color and solid pattern, no spots, but now it’s morning and she’s spotty again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 60
Medium dubias and medium/large sized crickets.. whatever the store I go to has but always medium dubias that are about half an inch in length. And ok thank you I’ll throw some fruit in their containers!
Great so those are both good staple feeders. Here is the image for gutloading.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Back
Top Bottom