Cham going on strike

xxcham

So i was feeding my cham crickets because he didn’t want any other bugs and i didn’t want him to starve. but now i really want him to start eating black soilder fly larvae because crickets gross me out, but he won’t eat them ?. does anyone have any tips on getting a cham to stop eating crickets and eating a different bug?

Try discoid roaches with EarthPro vitamins. Mine just took one from forceps. These roaches are big and fat. Two are at feeding station. I also gave him waxworm treat.

BSFL are great feeders. Some chams just don’t like certain feeders, you can try roaches, Silkworms, Locust, and Mantids. Movement attracts their eyes. If you have build trust hold it between your thumb and pointer finger and move it.

So i was feeding my cham crickets because he didn’t want any other bugs and i didn’t want him to starve. but now i really want him to start eating black soilder fly larvae because crickets gross me out, but he won’t eat them ?. does anyone have any tips on getting a cham to stop eating crickets and eating a different bug?
If your wanting to feed bsfl only and replace crickets you can not do this. BSFL can not be used as the only feeder. Insects are part of keeping chameleons. You either have a base feeder that is a roach or crickets then add in other feeders to give a diverse diet.

If your wanting to feed bsfl only and replace crickets you can not do this. BSFL can not be used as the only feeder. Insects are part of keeping chameleons. You either have a base feeder that is a roach or crickets then add in other feeders to give a diverse diet.
So i’m gonna keep feeding crickets, just not as much because they gross me out. It’s just he won’t eat any other bug besides crickets.

BSFL are great feeders. Some chams just don’t like certain feeders, you can try roaches, Silkworms, Locust, and Mantids. Movement attracts their eyes. If you have build trust hold it between your thumb and pointer finger and move it.
i want to get silkworms but everywhere i find them they’re sold out. do you know any places that currently have them in stock.

bsfl taste like sh** :p but, if you want, you cant try to improove the taste by rincing your larvea (likke noodles..) then you let them dry little and dip them in bee pollen! sometime it help!:)

So i’m gonna keep feeding crickets, just not as much because they gross me out. It’s just he won’t eat any other bug besides crickets.
Right but your guy is younger right? When they have never eaten other feeders some are hesitant to try new ones. you just have to keep trying. But you have to continue feeding the crickets if that is the only feeder they are eating.

Back
Top Bottom