cham eggs

As you already know chameleons lay eggs regardless if they've been mated or not. I know for sure that Lily laid infertile ones as she had NEVER been with a male. Also only a few of them were white and nice looking - the rest were a bit yellowy and kind of dented. Her's a pic of Lily's rather large clutch. My Mum thought they looked like a tub of very small new potatoes!! :D The photo was taken 2 weeks before she laid and a few days before I could see and feel little jellybean sized lumps above her back legs when she was resting - she still somehow managed to suck her belly in when she was moving around though! :D

6b83731055.jpg

I have read that females can retain sperm after mating, so may have more than one fertile clutch from a single mating! With regard to telling if they are fertile or not - I think they go moudly and bad smelling if they are infertile. I'm not an 'eggspert' (pardon the pun!:D) I'm sure others with more experience of breeding will add to this! If you are certain that your female has never been mated she will lay infertile ones.

Hope this helps!

her back end is realy fat i did what u said and put a tub in il just have to sit and wait lol she looks like she gunna burst but when she movin she looks thin

Most likely, she's gravid with infertile eggs. Has she been with a male? Also, she may not lay the eggs with you looking over her, would you have a kid with a huge monster staring at you lol?

she is in the dining room theres no one here during the day only me and i dont go in the dining room while she is digging i peep through the door maybe once to see if she up on the branches then i can mist the viv and feed her

Infertile veiled eggs get bright red spots (sometimes yellow and blue as well) within a few days and then collapse.

Back
Top Bottom