Cham colors are they for concern?

Alexander1

Avid Member
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Male Veiled about 3-4 months old not sure
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Rarely handle if at all, on the count of him being a tiny little demon
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham?
Diet consist of main- crickets, Dubai roaches, and treats are small super worms and small horn worms
What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
He devours about 15-20 small crickets everyday. 7-8 small to medium roaches, I mix roaches and crickets daily. Super worms about 2-3 on random occasions and 2-3 horn worms max a weeks
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
I dust all the feeders in repti calcium without d3 every day, he tribute multivitamins with beta carotene once a week, and phosphorous free rep-cal calcium with d3 2 a month
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I have a big dropper gripping a couple hours a day,and an repti rain spraying every 3 hours for 30 sec. I rarely see him drink, when I hand must with warm water he licks his mouth but never see him lick plants
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
He's feces looks ok, dark brown and white rates, never tested for parasites
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Reptibreeze 18x18x36 screen enclosure
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
House hold 75w bulb for heat, zoomed u.v bulb, lights on a tinier from 6am-6pm
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?
Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Basking is 95*f the rest of the cage is about 74* f
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
I use the repti rain humidity levels are from37% when dry and hot to 80 after hand misting, I was using a humidifier but the tubing I used was developing some mold spots if I didn't clean religiously so I quit using it and got the repti rain
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
No live plants
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
He's in a corner of my family room, were a busy family and are only home at night, a ceiling fan is sometimes let in to circulate some air in the room.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
I'm in Chicago

FINALLY my question is about my overall husbandry and his color, he used to be a nice bright green, but I notice he's starting to stay these darker Browns, is he stressed? Sick? Or are these just his relaxed colors, I understand they get darker when basking, and when he's stressed, but he would usually change back to his nice green colors. Should I worry about the little guy?

He looks fine. Many veileds go through a brownish phase as "teenagers". I expect he'll start showing his adult coloration as he approaches 1 year. I know mine did. He probably still shows his light green color while asleep right?

He looks fine. Many veileds go through a brownish phase as "teenagers". I expect he'll start showing his adult coloration as he approaches 1 year. I know mine did. He probably still shows his light green color while asleep right?

Carlton, do the females also go brownish?

Yes he turns bright green while he sleeps, thanks for your quick input. I can sleep easy now lol.

Mine went through the brownish stage when he was about 6-7 months old and stopped at just after he turned a year old and now he's just a grumpy cham that enjoys breaking stuff around he's viv

Back
Top Bottom