Cham Changing weired colours

tarrynh011

Hi All,
I recently got two veiled chams (Im a new mommy :love:) to both Cammi and Leon they are still babies but not sure of their age. I have noticed that the male (Leon) turns a weired colour at about 5:30pm he is predominantly green (under belly & legs) but its like a dark green/brown/grey colour on his sides and back. The pet shop supplied me with a heating model nd - 19 uvb bulb, of which I have now upgraded to a reptisun 10.0 Uvb liniar. I am based in South Africa and cannot get the T5 reptisun UVB here. The 10.0 uvb liniar is roughly 40 - 45cm from where he lies when he turns these colours and about 35 cm from their basking spot.
Is this reptisun 10.0 to strong?
We mist the enclosure 5 times a day but have ordered an automatic mister which will be here on Friday.
All advise welcome
Thank you ?

If its a reptisun 10.0 T8 that is a good lamp.

But males will not be lime green for long. Who knows what his adult colors will be, you could have a high yellow, or high orange, or high red. Plus 5:30pm is around bed time and they will turn lighter and more washed out.

You only have to worry if certain sections are changing odd colors, or not changing at all. If you have a permanent light area, that could be a burn or bacteria infection. Even mild skin injuries(stick poke) will cause black/dark spots till it heals up.

Hi Nightanole

Hes a lime green colour throughout the day its only late afternoon when he turns this dark grey brown green colour but its only for about 10 to 15 min or so. He dosent have any injuries or marks and to me his "skin" looks really good. We normally turn off their lights at about 8pm

I'm glad you said the light is a good one as I was worried that its not correct, based on what I have read.

Is the distance from the light to the basking spot ok? Or do I need to rectify this?

Thanks for your response

IMG_20200923_084557_570.jpg

Back
Top Bottom