CFL's for pygs

primestick

Ok i was looking at my lighting options and to get a light fixture that will fit nicly over my tank is ones that will only support cfl. Any thougths on this ?

I personally say CFL's are no longer an issue. The companies have stated they have been fixed. However you know some companies will say just about anything. I personally have started using Metal Halides over all of my Chameleons, it creates imo a better disposition, more activity and a better simulation of the natural sun. And it could double as a room heater! ;)

I personally say CFL's are no longer an issue. The companies have stated they have been fixed. However you know some companies will say just about anything. I personally have started using Metal Halides over all of my Chameleons, it creates imo a better disposition, more activity and a better simulation of the natural sun. And it could double as a room heater! ;)

They are also pygmys which most seem to think do not require UV lighting due to their "Low" place in life....

if i can, i always use linear. all ove my uvb and even uva (daylight) bulbs are linear tubes. i only make an exception for my pygmy only because he is in a 5g by himself on my desk. i do not use uvb for my pygmy, but i do use a 6500K CFL. no problems yet. ive also used CFL uvbs in the past before i made the switch to linear and it was fine. almost a year without a single problem

Back
Top Bottom