CB johnstoni

Thanks. She is still digging. Idk why. And she never got dirty either day. Never had a Cham not get at least a little dirtyo_O

Hi Ponders.

I am so excited to receive 2.2 CB Johnstoni next week. One of my bucket list species that I can finally get my hands on.

However, it is not easy to find a care sheet. This post is the most recent I could find on Johnstoni so I am asking here, if you could please share information on how to care for them. My cham experience includes breeding merumontanus so I am not new to montane species. Looking forward to your answer and thank you in advance.

Kind regards Thomas (from Denmark)

Hi Thomas,

They are very similar in their care to the meru's. They like cool temps at night (40-60F) and daytime temps in the 70s. They are very sensitive to supplements and/or crickets from cricket farms. Something in the cricket feed causes edema in the johnstoni. Incubate eggs at 70f for 100 days.
My indoor johnstoni have a heat light on in the AM only, and seem to enjoy basking for a few hours.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. There is a FB group on African Chameleons that also has many johnstoni keepers too.

Enjoy,
Tylene

Hi again.

I have a question regarding Johnstoni drinking behaviour. I mist their cages 2-3 times a day. But I have never seen them drink drops from the leaves. The skin on the male has some folds, like a raisin, so I am concerned that they are dehydrating. Other than that he seems to be thriving. But I would love to see them get some water in. I have had them for a week now.

BR Thomas

Back
Top Bottom