Catching Wild Invasive Veiled Chameleons in Florida

coltsjesse

As many of you know there are wild invasive populations of Veiled Chameleons in Florida. We like to go out and look for them as often as we can. Starting this thread so people can get more information on catching wild chameleons! Here is a video we just made the other day of us going to catch them!

Who’s willing to share a location in Florida with chameleons? Please let me know I’ve been trying to find spots for sooooo long Im a young 16 yr old herper and chameleons fascinate me there my #1 favorite reptile please let me know of a spot

Who’s willing to share a location in Florida with chameleons? Please let me know I’ve been trying to find spots for sooooo long Im a young 16 yr old herper and chameleons fascinate me there my #1 favorite reptile please let me know of a spot

Do not step on someones private property to snag them. I’ve read MANY stories of people being shot at looking for them on the side of the road (but on someone’s property).

I did nab a big Panther a couple of years ago in a neighborhood in Hillsboro beach.
But the big population seems to be Veileds down in south Miami.
I saw a fellow on FACEBOOK selling a night time "Chameleon hunting" service where you can go out hunting with him.
There is a hotspot off of Krome Avenue in an overgrown Avacado orchard. But it is private property.

Back
Top Bottom