Catching insects in flight

So I'm pretty certain in the wild, chams will catch their prey mid air, but how common is this in captivity? I have 3 juvi male chams, a panther, veiled and jacksons. The panther is super picky but lately I've noticed as his bsfl pupate(he wasn't impressed by the larvae) he is super interested in the flies. Other than that, he only shows real interest in crickets and the one locust I got from a friend. I've ordered a ton of bbf larvae and I'm hopeful he'll enjoy those. I love that he likes the challenge of more active feeders but if the flies are super active, will he have a hard time? Can they catch them in mid flight? My veiled and jacksons are little piggies and eat almost anything.

They watch them closely and when the fly lands on the screen, branches, plant, etc they catch big. They can also catch them midair sometimes. They stick there little younger out so they’re prepared.

I used to leave my juvi veiled on the blinds by the window. He would catch flies mid air short range, no long range shots. Once he was an adult flies where not worth the effort. But oh boy if it was a big fuzzy bumble bee it was game on, and they are slow in flight.

Bees are dangerous to chams... i wouldn't allow that personally. But yea chams can catch prey all sorts of ways!

Bees can 100% hurt your cham... sure they CAN eat anything in the wild really...doesn't make it right... i just wouldn't chance it when there are SOOO many other feeder options that BOTH won't hurt him and have nutritional value.... Your just REALLY taking a chance and can seriously hurt your chams tongue. I will ALWAYS prefer to play it safe ??

Bees can 100% hurt your cham... sure they CAN eat anything in the wild really...doesn't make it right... i just wouldn't chance it when there are SOOO many other feeder options that BOTH won't hurt him and have nutritional value.... Your just REALLY taking a chance and can seriously hurt your chams tongue. I will ALWAYS prefer to play it safe ??

I dont actively feed Bees. By the time you see the bee, its too late. Same with outside time, you just know they are gunning for anything that moves.

About the only things i actively avoid is caterpillars and lightning bugs.

But even Pet says bees are good and never had a stinger

I appreciate your view here, but I just want to add that there is data supporting the opposite view, and I would recommend people researching further before deciding either way.

There is article on wild Jackson chameleon diets in Hawaii and large portion of diet is bees and wasps.
I've seen some in Tantulas as I go there a lot lol. But I've only seen them catch snails and slugs. Small snails and he ate it shell and all. He just crunched through it.

There is NO
Evidence fir such stayement.

I habe investigated thousands if fecal
Samples of
Wild xhameleons and found bees in misg of them
It is thwir natiral
Food

They are perdecy safe if big enough

I feed bees to my chameleons
I onow
Dozens of people
Who do