Carpet sleeping during the day

So sorry for your loss. When i lost my female carpet was very hard and my fiance took it even harder. All the best

I'm still in shock because I thought I did everything just right. I dont know what else to say.

Sorry to hear this. We tend to forget that sometimes a cham can have a serious problem that has nothing to do with our care. I lost a cham that "should have" had a great life. A cbb fischeri from Kammerflage. Healthy, raised with proper nutrition, healthy bloodlines, great husbandry by everyone from day one, but died at 18 months from undiagnosed kidney disease. The necropsy showed his kidneys were simply destroyed...no other signs of over or under supplementation, other organ damage, MBD, nothing.

Thank you guys.

I am taking him to the vet now to try and find out what happened. I'll keep everyone informed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always difficult to loose one of these guys.

I know it doesn't make it better but, sometimes these things happen and they are out of our control no matter how well the husbandry and care is.

Its no consolation for you at this point. But it sounded like from your posts you did everything a good keeper could try to help him. Sometimes these things just happen with exotics.

If your into chams for very long its not a matter of if you lose one, but when. Sorry for your loss. And when you have gotten thru this loss. Find yourself a new friend. You sound like a good keeper/caretaker.

Its no consolation for you at this point. But it sounded like from your posts you did everything a good keeper could try to help him. Sometimes these things just happen with exotics.

If your into chams for very long its not a matter of if you lose one, but when. Sorry for your loss. And when you have gotten thru this loss. Find yourself a new friend. You sound like a good keeper/caretaker.

Thank you man that means a lot to hear. I got an necropsy and they told me there was water in his abdomen which had a strong odor. They sent samples to a lab to find out what caused it so I'm just waiting to hear back now. If anyone have experienced water in the abdomen let me know because this has been a learning experience for me. I'm trying to look at the good and think that if I were to get another one in a year or so I would have this to look back on and learn from mistakes that could have been made.

What makes this even harder is his new screen cage came in today before I took him to the vet. I'm sure he would have loved it.

No experience with that so I cant help you. Plz tell us the vets findings. I cant even imagine trying to do a necropsy on a carpet. They are so small.:eek:

Update

Received a call today in regards to the results of the necropsy. They said he had Septicemia and Pneumonia. Bacteria everywhere throughout his organs. I have no idea how this sort of thing happens but they were saying stress could've sped up the process. He could have been stressed about the humidity or something.

Back
Top Bottom