Carpet Eye Candy

KRGEE21

Avid Member
I have had these little ones for about three months now. Both are doing really well, and have surprisingly large attitude:)
My female just started showing her colors off in the last couple weeks. I think she is going to be a real looker.

Attachments

• 20190619_140623.jpg
    20190619_140623.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190618_134416.jpg
    20190618_134416.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 214
Im very tempted to try a pair of these since they are so beautiful. Not sure how much harder they are but I also do not see them available very often.

Im very tempted to try a pair of these since they are so beautiful. Not sure how much harder they are but I also do not see them available very often.

They are very similar to caring for a panther with maybe a bit higher basking temperature. It's been a lot of fun learning a new species, and getting experience setting up bioactive enclosures.

I hear ya. Just going to enjoy them while I have them, and try to give the best possible care so they live as long as possible. Still trying to convince my wife to let me breed them, but I think I losing the battle:confused:

I think it would help to get these guys established captive here if we could get ore breeders for them. My wife probably wouldn't go for it either but I would love to try.

I think it would help to get these guys established captive here if we could get ore breeders for them. My wife probably wouldn't go for it either but I would love to try.
I agree. Kevin and Frank can only do so much. They always sell out of their Lateralis right away. I just know how attached I'd get to how beautiful they are and get devastated when they pass at such a young age. Breeding Lateralis from what I heard is kinda tricky too. Takes a big toll on the females. Good episode on them on the Chameleon Breeder Podcast. My original idea was to get a breeding pair before I got my Panthers. I did a lot of research and just decided against it due to lifespan alone.

I agree. Kevin and Frank can only do so much. They always sell out of their Lateralis right away. I just know how attached I'd get to how beautiful they are and get devastated when they pass at such a young age. Breeding Lateralis from what I heard is kinda tricky too. Takes a big toll on the females. Good episode on them on the Chameleon Breeder Podcast. My original idea was to get a breeding pair before I got my Panthers. I did a lot of research and just decided against it due to lifespan alone.

Yeah I heard the same about them being difficult to incubate as well. I listened to all the podcasts covering carpets but it makes me want to try. The life span would be hard but to make a few generations would feel very accomplished and proud to help the community.

There are a few established breeders. Frank Payne, Kevin Stanford(chameleon podcast episode), and Tim Mark's.
I got mine from Tim. He was great to deal with and very responsive to my questions.
Still trying....I might have to offer a huge bribe:rolleyes:

I'll read from the bottom up next time guys. :D

Yep-2 years is the average. I actually like that they have short lifespans because I can make room for offspring from subsequent generations and keep them going instead of having to dedicate lots of cage space to old non-breeding animals.

Back
Top Bottom