Carpet Chameleon Lost one nail

Troubledluna80

Established Member
My male Carpet Chameleon, Syd, some how lost one of his nails when I was at work today. He did shed today so I’m not sure if he was rubbing the dry skin and accidentally caught it on something. There was just tiny drops of blood but he’s such a little guy it has me worried. He does not like for me to mess with him and is so tiny plus the lights turned off 5 minutes after I saw it so I did not clean it. Should I clean it with something now or wait until morning? If so what should I clean it with?

Ok thanks. I didn’t know if I should wash it but honestly he hates my hand going near him, without food, and sometimes he gets scared and will just fall so I didn’t want to risk him falling. He’s already in his sleeping spot. In the morning and afternoon when it’s his feeding time he’s more likely to come towards me without so much stress. If I need to wash it I’d rather do it than. He gets really spooked at night.

Personally I’d wait until morning if his lights are already off. It’s common for a sleeping chameleon to just fall if disturbed as this is when predators will attack them, at night in their sleep. If you are concerned about infection, a little plain neosporin without a painkiller in it is okay to put on the toe.

Personally I’d wait until morning if his lights are already off. It’s common for a sleeping chameleon to just fall if disturbed as this is when predators will attack them, at night in their sleep. If you are concerned about infection, a little plain neosporin without a painkiller in it is okay to put on the toe.
Ok I will clean it in morning and put a little Neosporin on it in the morning. I will continue to check it and get vet appointment if it looks swollen or any other signs of infection. Thank you!

Be sure to get the kind without painkillers as that puts a lot of stress on their organs.

Makuna honey has healing properties and other members here have applied to cuts to aid in healing.

Definitely keep an eye out for infection.

How old is your carpet chameleon? Mine is still young and I can barely find her in her enclosure half the time and her feet and nails are so tiny! I'm going to try checking hers out the next time I spot her.

I have a medihoney tube. I’m not sure if it is the same thing. He’s a new guy I got him from Javadi on Oct 1st and he was just under 3 months old. If I remember correctly that’s who you got yours from too correct? Maybe they were clutch mates?

He totally hides in the enclosure most the time it’s like playing where’s Waldo but he sleeps in the same 2 places and was settling down when I noticed a drop of blood on the stick. I investigated and either the nail is gone or broken it’s hard to tell.

I have a medihoney tube. I’m not sure if it is the same thing. He’s a new guy I got him from Javadi on Oct 1st and he was just under 3 months old. If I remember correctly that’s who you got yours from too correct? Maybe they were clutch mates?

Yes!! I got mine shortly after. I see her poops more than her at this point. 😂 I hope that means she feels safe and secure!

Hopefully your lil dude Syd (aka Waldo, lol) heals up just fine!

Back
Top Bottom