Care of day's old Baby Panther's

Cali Reaper

I have a few day's old baby Panthers, I placed them in a Medium Storage size bin with a screen on top, I also placed a fake flexible vines and artificial plants with a paper napkin at the bottom of the bin to keep humanity up. I wanted to know until when do I start feeding them Calcium and start using the UVB, I was told in here by an Avid that he doesn't us UVB until they are 3 weeks or so. I am new to breeding and these are my first successful hatch, I had 7 new babies that were fertile and waiting for 8 more to go. I am feeding them Pinhead size crickets and fruit flies. their temperature remains at 78-83 degrees. I live in California

I'm sorry I can't remember when they start and it might be different because they use a taller cage. @ChamLB when do you start UVB and calcium on your babies?

I use uvb right away, they need to start producing there own D3
I use 5.0 UVB, keeping the temperature constant around 74 to 78 f is very important.

Depending on the month I use a glass enclosure this way I can control the temperature and humidity very easily.
Hope this helps

Good breeding

In California its been very warm and my place temperature gets in 85 degree F. Can I just use the 5.0 UVB Repti light since its warm, I wouldn't require a basking light, right? Could you suggest also if I start giving them regular Calcium ?

The uvb bulb puts out very little heat, you can adjust the height of the uvb bulb higher if it's gets to hot. Hydration and humidity is very important also. A couple of pathos in with them will give them more humidity. Mist the leaves not the chameleons. They will find the water droplets on there own.

You bo not need a basking light.

Yes you need to lightly apply calcium and vitamins. once a week with Calcium with vitamin D3, twice a week with Calcium (no D3), and a multivitamin once a week

I use been Beatles, fruit flies, and pin head crickets. Lightly dust them, you do not want them white. We call this ghosting.

I live in Long Beach ca. If you are close come by and I can help

Have a great day

The uvb bulb puts out very little heat, you can adjust the height of the uvb bulb higher if it's gets to hot. Hydration and humidity is very important also. A couple of pathos in with them will give them more humidity. Mist the leaves not the chameleons. They will find the water droplets on there own.

You bo not need a basking light.

Yes you need to lightly apply calcium and vitamins. once a week with Calcium with vitamin D3, twice a week with Calcium (no D3), and a multivitamin once a week

I use been Beatles, fruit flies, and pin head crickets. Lightly dust them, you do not want them white. We call this ghosting.

I live in Long Beach ca. If you are close come by and I can help

Have a great day

Thank you, yes Pm me your info so I can call you.

IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
Great, hope to see you this weekend. Here is our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tkchameleons/

We are currently breeding Nosy Valiha, we now have the only two males and three females in North America

We also received from Steave McNary one male and one female Djangoa

First two pics are Djangoa
Last two are the Nosy Valiha

Have a great day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom