care for 4 month old panther chameleon

tyssen14

I just bought a ambilobe panther chameleon and I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. for heat I have a 50 w light and a uvb light. the temp usually stays around 80 degrees. I also have a basking spot that reaches higher than that. for humidity I mist 3-5 times a day and I also have a drip system. the humidity ranges from 50 to 60%. right now I am feeding him 7 crickets and he eats them all. should I be feeding him more? hes four months old. my biggest question is about dusting your crickets. I have heard and read so many different things on it. I currently have rep cal phosphorus free calcium with vit. d and rep cal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamin. I am trying to figure out how often I should use both of these powders.

Hello and welcome to the forums and chameleon ownership! As far as feeding he can eat way more than that. If the crickets are small he can eat atleast 15-20 a day. The dusting should be: Calcium Without d3 at every feeding, calcium with d3 twice monthly and a multivitamin twice monthly also. Everything else that you are doing sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom