Car bump/accident

melric

Avid Member
So I'm sitting in my car with my sisters and their babies at an In N Out drive thru. Out of nowhere the guy behind me bumps my car! Which for me is a big deal! I drive a 2010 328i. Not something you wanted scuffed up. But, I get out of the car as calmy as I can and check my car and I didn't notice any damage. But, I knew if I got home I would find something and sure enough I did. I let this guy leave even though I knew I shouldn't have. Just telling him be careful next time man! Now is that considered a good deed on my part? lol. Or should I have gone with my gut and gotten his info? I'm sure if I wanted to repair the tiny scratches it would cost like 1k... I'm just mad and venting everywhere, lol.

So I'm sitting in my car with my sisters and their babies at an In N Out drive thru. Out of nowhere the guy behind me bumps my car! Which for me is a big deal! I drive a 2010 328i. Not something you wanted scuffed up. But, I get out of the car as calmy as I can and check my car and I didn't notice any damage. But, I knew if I got home I would find something and sure enough I did. I let this guy leave even though I knew I shouldn't have. Just telling him be careful next time man! Now is that considered a good deed on my part? lol. Or should I have gone with my gut and gotten his info? I'm sure if I wanted to repair the tiny scratches it would cost like 1k... I'm just mad and venting everywhere, lol.

That would make me SO mad.. especially with a BMW.. I would have torn him a new one... I would try and get video footage of it happening, then maybe you could have gotten his license plate and reported it.. if that was able to work?? I hope your car can get fixed. Duct tape! :rolleyes::p

I'm hoping a buffer will work. I was super mad at the time. My sisters calmed me down. When it barely happened what I really said was, did he really just f***** hit us? Are you serious. The dude had a face of absolute terror. I could only imagine what he was thinking.

So your car is scratched a bit, end of days? I don't think so.
Yes, you should've got details for insurance, but being calm and graceful about it, is a credit to you.
Whats the point in blowing a gasket over something like that, its not as if he did it deliberately Im sure. Did he apologise?
Tell your Sister "Goos fra bah!" :D

I hope it dosen't cost much to fix, pics?

If anything ever happens again I'm definitely getting info no matter what. It's not pic worthy, they are so minuscule. I'll try. It's more like a scuff. It's just depressing when you take care of your things and make sure everything is perfect. I don't think I will get it fixed. Unless I contact my insurance and tell them someone rear ended my car and left.

And he did apologize. Even though I didn't say it was okay. Because it wasn't. Plus, what I told him was my only response. Even though I wanted to kick his stupid truck. lol.

Yeah I can understand that, but better than being locked up right now for road raging him with a lugwrench or something. :)
Scarey thing to contemplate though, accidently doing that in a country where so many folk have guns!
Must live in a good neighbourhood?

Good enough we have never had to lock our doors at night. Except that one crazy night a couple of weeks ago. Oh and I would never hit someone with a weapon unless it was self defense. Haha. I'm not the anger management type otherwise I would have exploded on that person about kids in the car blah blah blah. Anger. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom