Capsicum safe?

SPork

I was wondering if it would be safe to keep a Capsicum (habanero) plant in my chameleon cage?

Given my various painful experiences with getting microscopic specs of habanero in my eye and other sensitive areas, I'm going to have to say NO. Here are some things likely safer to keep in your Cham's enclosure.

An eagle.
A tar pit.
A loaded, tiny, chameleon sized gun.
An assassin hired by the chameleon mob back in the old country. Unless your Cham is a snitch. Then this is worse.
99 percent of other plants (like the Pothos, scheflerra and Ficus many of us use in our cages).

In general I'd stay away from putting items in your cage that can cause things like blindness and lava butt.

Oleoresin capsicum is what is used to manufacture pepper spray.

Pepper spray is designed to attack your CNS and makes you believe you are dying.

Its essentially concentrated pepper.

Its powerful, and not good.

Whilst I imagine that there is a severely low possibility of the plant producing fruit and then a situation occurring to where the chameleon is effected, Id say that its just not a good idea, and that there are many plants that would be much better suited to the needs of the animal.

Agreeing with above^^^. Of course if you want to test it yourself because you think maybe, then rub the plant and its fruit all over your face and on your eyes. Then you will know for sure:)

You might need to eat some it to, just to make sure...

Given my various painful experiences with getting microscopic specs of habanero in my eye and other sensitive areas, I'm going to have to say NO. Here are some things likely safer to keep in your Cham's enclosure.

An eagle.
A tar pit.
An assassin hired by the chameleon mob back in the old country. Unless your Cham is a snitch. Then this is worse.
99 percent of other plants (like the Pothos, scheflerra and Ficus many of us use in our cages).

In general I'd stay away from putting items in your cage that can cause things like blindness and lava butt.

Keep posting, you make me :D.

An eagle.
A tar pit.

LOL, best post I've read in awhile. Checked out your blog because of it.:D

An eagle.
A tar pit.

This made my day. :)

I was mainly asking about the plant and possible leaf ingestion because it is a member of the nightshade family. With the lighting in a chameleon setup the plant would not have enough light to produce fruit.

There is no actual proof that such a mob even exists.

Please refrain from speculating about things when posting on the forums. It could lead to certain... situations... allegedly... so I've heard... :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom