cant get peat

ericcham

Hi can anyone help?

I cant get any peat at all for eric's tank round my way, and i was wondering would normal soil be ok to put in the tank? or does anybody know where i can order any peat from (im in the uk)

thanks

Hi can anyone help?

I cant get any peat at all for eric's tank round my way, and i was wondering would normal soil be ok to put in the tank? or does anybody know where i can order any peat from (im in the uk)

thanks
i wouldnt put peat in with your cham, problem is if the crix are on the peat or soil the cham will shoot its tongue at them and wil pick up bits and end up swallowing it...this could lead to impaction problems with your cham

We do not suggest putting substrate in your cage. Can be injested and can make your chameleon ill or lead to possible death.

Bare tanks are best. Unsightly but it is better to have a healthy chameleon and lighter on your wallet since healthy chams = no emergency vet stops than to go with the substrate and possibly take the chance of injurying ur Cham. Plus substrate tends to collect bacteria

They(the panthers and Veild's we have) basically live up in the trees, plants etc and not on the ground so I would say no. I never see my chameleon on the bottom of his cage, he is always high up high in the branches and vines. Once in a blue moon maybe, but I still would not put substrate down there. I know it does not look as natural but I think it is safer for health reason as we mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom