Canna Lily Safe for Free Range Plant?

I have a giant Canna Lily Plant in my living room that I am wondering if it would be safe for a free range plant for my chameleon? The chameleon will not eat or drive from this plant, I have also looked and it is non toxic to cats, birds and dogs but no mention about reptiles/chameleons. I am just wondering because the plant is very large and will definitely hold my panther but I dont see it on any of the plant safe lists for chameleons in specifics. I dont see why my panther would eat any of this plant if he is not offered water or food while using it. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Cannas.jpg
    Cannas.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 114
If it's non toxic to other animals it'll probably be fine for chameleons. Most Chameleon safe plant lists out there are just the dog/cat safe lists. Bill Strand has a short Chameleon plant list and vieled tested list of plants on ChameleonAcademy.com. If you want to be extra safe, you can refer to that. But it seems like many keepers use other plants not on that list without issue. While free ranging you'll be supervising anyway, and panthers are less likely to munch. In your shoes I'd go for it.

If it's non toxic to other animals it'll probably be fine for chameleons. Most Chameleon safe plant lists out there are just the dog/cat safe lists. Bill Strand has a short Chameleon plant list and vieled tested list of plants on ChameleonAcademy.com. If you want to be extra safe, you can refer to that. But it seems like many keepers use other plants not on that list without issue. While free ranging you'll be supervising anyway, and panthers are less likely to munch. In your shoes I'd go for it.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom