Candles and Reptiles?

i can see some animals being alergic to stuff in candles. I had the same problem with my sugar glider kinda. She was always sneezing and we took her to the vet and they said teflon from teflon frying pans can hurt them because when you cook on teflon it releases a chemical that they are alergic to. We went to stainless steel pans and she never sneezed again.

Trace has told me if you burn Teflon the fumes can kill birds!

(By the way: LOL! I'm told I get off topic HAHAHA!!!!)

hmmm, weird?! I "ALWAYS" burn candles!!!! mmm smell sooo goood! :) Anyways..when I had my chams which I had 8 of them! They never had any issues?! Your gecko is really "SNEEZING"?! :eek:
were your candles scented? did you get your chams routinely checked for respiratory infection?

This is a thread from 2009 don't be disappointed if you don't get a response. Syn hasn't been active for several years.

Old thread but DON'T BURN TEFLON it will release all sorts of toxic fumes. Taking it past 275c is a bad idea too, which occasionally comes up in 3d printing.

There is an American company who make candles that are said to be safe for birds and reptiles , personally I don't do them or any sprays etc

Back
Top Bottom