Canadians eh?

Augustine

Do any of the Canadians on the forum have roach feeders?(anything better then crickets)
I know we can't get dubias but maybe we have other options
And does anyone at all use dragon flys as a main feeder?
That's all my questions for today
Have a good weekend
Gus

I work on a golf course and could potentially have a unlimited supply of feeders like worms, grubs, dragonflys, mantids, crickets, grasshoppers etc. but the potential of pesticides has always kept me away. My cham really loves the silkworms I get from Big Als

I dunno about the roaches but I'm pretty sure dragonflies are okay as long as there are no pesticides in the area.

Do any of the Canadians on the forum have roach feeders?(anything better then crickets)
I know we can't get dubias but maybe we have other options
And does anyone at all use dragon flys as a main feeder?
That's all my questions for today
Have a good weekend
Gus

Being in Canada should not stop you from getting grasshoppers, termites, indian walking sticks, dubia roaches, hisser roaches, turk roaches, mantids, terrestrial isopods, silkworms, butterworms, .... Certainly I have access to all these things. You just cant expect the typically common pet stores to carry much variety, you have to stretch for sources

Dragon flyes are fine as an enrichment feeder, but I wouldnt use them as a staple. Of course, I discourage the idea of any particular prey item becoming more than 40% of the animals diet.

From my understanding dubias are not able to cross Canadian boarders?
And yes I would never go with wc insects
Good to see some Canadians loving the chams!

I have also had a hard time finding these feeders... I've emailed place after place. And the u.s cant transport over the border.:mad:

From my understanding dubias are not able to cross Canadian boarders?
And yes I would never go with wc insects
Good to see some Canadians loving the chams!

done right, Wc feeders can be excellent additions to a cham diet

don't import from the USA, just buy them within Canada

Ok because this was my post no one can email geckoboy befor me lol
Thanks for the info buddeh!!

Ok deal lol
done right, Wc feeders can be excellent additions to a cham diet

don't import from the USA, just buy them within Canada

I hate ordering from the states if I don't have to but unfortunately they have better stuff... I cant find good feeders down here vary often. ... lately the reptile shop I go to has had some good feeders but that's it

One thing I have been trying to find in Canada but have not had any luck with is blue bottle fly spikes. If anyone knows of a place, I'd be grateful for the info. Thanks!

Great idea. In my area I have found butter worms, silkworms, superworms, waxworms, mealworms at local pet stores. I would like to find somewhere that sells feeders that are non-worm like dragonflys or adult mantids.

Back
Top Bottom