Can you I.D. this panther?

blackhawk

This is a 4 1/2 month old panther chameleon and though I know what its supposed to be, I was wondering if any of you experts had any opinion as to its locale and why.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 221
The yellow cheek-area def makes me think faly, along with the lighter markings. However, I think ColdbloodedAl might have the right idea with a cross... Those are some beautiful blues!

true blue cross faly/banja maybe?? you will neverknow forsure but omg he is somethin to look at wow awsome.!!!!:D:D:D

Im seeing faint red dots on the bottom, yellow cheek.

ambanja.

Edit: I am also seeing faint yellow in the turrets...If so i retract ambanja.

Last edited:
thats what i though banja but soo bright he looks faly too when he grows up a bit he will tell you more thats for sure but he could be pure could be cross where did he come from is there no background on him? i have a crap monitor so my colour sucks big time. but man he is beauty the more i look he does look faly !!!

Last edited:
He's very young, but I would say Faly. Red takes longer to develop on some chameleons than others, it very well may pop up in two or so months, but right now he's very young. He doesn't look quite Nosy Be, or isn't what I would call a very obvious cross. He may just be a low-red Faly when it finally comes out more.

He's very young, but I would say Faly. Red takes longer to develop on some chameleons than others, it very well may pop up in two or so months, but right now he's very young. He doesn't look quite Nosy Be, or isn't what I would call a very obvious cross. He may just be a low-red Faly when it finally comes out more.

i keep comin back and looking and i think you might be right its tough but .....time will tell. or some background hunting on him i found the background from my male mitsio tracked him through two pet stores and another person and through two breeders aswell.lol i can be found out if you dont already know.

The answer...

I sure hope Olimpia is right because this little guy is supposed to be a nosy faly. He was hatched from a wild caught female back in December and I purchased him in February on a chance. The pics that I have seen of his sibling brothers all have red rain at this point except - of course - mine. I'll post pics as he develops and hopefully he'll end up looking like a faly.

hoestly i dont think you have anything to worry about i just looked at the pic on my phone lol better picture and he look faly without the rain but i can see it coming in up the belly he is gonna be a stunner the late bloomers are ussually the nicest imo. lucky you he has amazing blue in him wow im impressed :D

I sure hope Olimpia is right because this little guy is supposed to be a nosy faly. He was hatched from a wild caught female back in December and I purchased him in February on a chance. The pics that I have seen of his sibling brothers all have red rain at this point except - of course - mine. I'll post pics as he develops and hopefully he'll end up looking like a faly.

Time will tell, he is still young so there is no definite answer here. I look forward to seeing this guy grow though so keep us updated:)

I would say hes a Faly. His reds should eventually catch up. Its strange how their colours develop from month to month. I think he looks great, and when the red comes in hes gonna look amazing! :D

This guy looks veryyy similiar to my pure Ambanja. But then again he also looks like Camimom's Faly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like a real faly to me:) reds come in real fast on ambanjas and falys I have noticed take there sweet time. Can't wait to see up dated pics of this boy in another 3 months he is going to be awesome

He's still got over a year of coloring up to do! Can I ask where you got him from?

And i would have to say he looks Faly to me, just waiting on his red rain to poke through. It is definitely too early to give a complete answer~

When it comes to chameleons-- Patience is the name of the game:p

Looks Faly to me also. In fact he looks a lot like my male Sherlock. Chuck, why are you saying banja is in there? What are u seeing that we arent? No drama here just trrying to glean some info from someone who's bred alot more falys than I have. ;)

Looks Faly to me also. In fact he looks a lot like my male Sherlock. Chuck, why are you saying banja is in there? What are u seeing that we arent? No drama here just trrying to glean some info from someone who's bred alot more falys than I have. ;)

actually, yes, i am intrigued as well as what you look for when you say banja~

i already cast my vote though, so dont try and sway me. ha

time will tell, i will say ive never hadta wait for the red to come in on my falys its been there before 4 an a half months so iono how waiting on the red to pop thru is gunna work out.. goodlookin boy for 4an a half months lots of color goodluck with him.

Back
Top Bottom