Can you get sick from Cham?

Been, nauseous, major GI problems, all food isn’t staying down for months
Unrelated you sure it’s parasites? I have the same problems but ended celiac disease
No just me, I traveled a lot internationally, just major GI issues, nausea, seeing stuff in my eyes and indigestion
I had these problems when I traveled to Korea a few years back. My doctors thought it was a parasite from there food/water. So maybe you didn’t get from you chameleon

Unrelated you sure it’s parasites? I have the same problems but ended celiac disease

I had these problems when I traveled to Korea a few years back. My doctors thought it was a parasite from there food/water. So maybe you didn’t get from you chameleon
yeah i have been in the hospital and 5 docs, they all think its a parasite, i had full bod CT scans, celiacs and multiple blood/stool labs. i am going to a specitaly lab this week and i start anti-parastic meds this week. I have traveled to Cambodia, china, mexico, malaysia, philippines and hawaii this year so theres a big chance it wasnt from the Cham, i think i will probably get her tested just to be 100% safe.

Are you pregnant? Maybe you have a food allergy? Have you been checked for Lyme disease? Sorry just going through my list lol sorry to hear you haven’t been well...
They think it’s giardia but I just don’t understand how it could last for 3+ months
Giardia is easy to diagnose, they can do antigen testing from a stool sample and from what I remember from school most cases are self limiting so typically it goes away on its own.

Are you pregnant? Maybe you have a food allergy? Have you been checked for Lyme disease? Sorry just going through my list lol sorry to hear you haven’t been well...

Giardia is easy to diagnose, they can do antigen testing from a stool sample and from what I remember from school most cases are self limiting so typically it goes away on its own.
Yeah I have been testing for everything, actually had 3 stool tests done but they couldn’t get a conclusive reading, if it’s Giardia it’s been going on since April :( hoping the antiparasitic knocks out whatever it is

Sorry I didnt get the notification for this post (or it got lost in a bunch of other notifications) but I dont recall him saying he had any issues with his eyes, though i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt even notice. He went 23 years desperately needing glasses before we met and I made him get his eyes checked :rolleyes: men, amirite?

I would say it's probably more likely you caught something in your travels than it is you caught something from your cham. Def get a fecal done for your cham though regardless

Got malaria when I was living in Sarawak Borneo, it sounded a lot like this. I lost 60 pounds in 4 weeks (from 6'1 175ib to 6'1 115ib). Sounds like you have a parasite thats internal. Everyone Ive known that got salmonella had nerve sensory issues and a couple lost their ability to walk for awhile. Parasites generally give you fever, make you puke and have diarrhea for months, but generally they go away with meds. I doubt you have salmonella.

Got malaria when I was living in Sarawak Borneo, it sounded a lot like this. I lost 60 pounds in 4 weeks (from 6'1 175ib to 6'1 115ib). Sounds like you have a parasite thats internal. Everyone Ive known that got salmonella had nerve sensory issues and a couple lost their ability to walk for awhile. Parasites generally give you fever, make you puke and have diarrhea for months, but generally they go away with meds. I doubt you have salmonella.
Ya no fevers, I did get like flu sick after being in Mexico last April then this all kinda followed. I have friends who has salmonella don’t think it’s that intense

Back
Top Bottom