Can veilds eat clementines?

Veild Cham Owner

Avid Member
Would they be to acidic or citrusy for my cham or any Cham to eat? We always have them so I was wondering if he would be able to eat them as a treat or small snack.

I would say limit the citrus snacks to a small piece and don't feed it too often. You mentioned it being acidic and the chameleon's stomach might have issues with that. Just continue to feed a staple bug diet and keep the fruits to a treat thing.

I use clementines as a water souce and gutload for my dubia, but I would think that the acidity would be too high for feeding much directly to a cham.

I use clementines as a water souce and gutload for my dubia, but I would think that the acidity would be too high for feeding much directly to a cham.
I would say limit the citrus snacks to a small piece and don't feed it too often. You mentioned it being acidic and the chameleon's stomach might have issues with that. Just continue to feed a staple bug diet and keep the fruits to a treat thing.
Ok thank you!! I usually use them for gutloading but before I give them to him I thought I would ask (y)

Would they be to acidic or citrusy for my cham or any Cham to eat? We always have them so I was wondering if he would be able to eat them as a treat or small snack.
My veiled chameleon absolutely LOVES sweet clementines I give him as a treat when he’s out of his enclosure. He knows for sure that when he’s out he’ll get some, he honestly devours it

Back
Top Bottom