Can they see eachother?

deadhd5

Avid Member
Hello everyone.

As you may have seen in my other thread, I brought home a female Nosy Be yesterday, her name is Nelly. I have her in the same room as two male panthers and a male Jackson's. I used this roman shade as a visual barrier, as it is a small room and the shade looks better than the other solutions I thought of. It lets some light through, but it is hard to make out the details of things on the other side.

What do you guys think, can they see her or she see them? What signs should I be looking for? She gobbled down 5 feeders this morning and guzzled some water, so she doesn't appear to be wildly stressed, especially considering this is her first day in her new home.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20130412_155731.jpg

I would just stand on the side of the cage and look through it yourself and see what you see! What about getting one of the standing room dividers? Some of them are beautiful!!! You might even be able to find one that has a cool theme to go with your cham room

I would just stand on the side of the cage and look through it yourself and see what you see! What about getting one of the standing room dividers? Some of them are beautiful!!! You might even be able to find one that has a cool theme to go with your cham room

Lol, yeah I tried that. From the perspective of the boys, I don't think they can see her, since the shade is further away. All I can see is light shining through.

From her perspective though, since the shade is closer, I can see pieces of Moe's bright blue. I wonder if she will recognize that as another chameleon or not.

Great idea on the standing room divider! I am going to observe and think on it a little while, but I am kind of leaning in that direction :) I will post pics if I go that route, thanks Carol!

Well, the answer turns out to be yes!

I left the house to search for a divider screen (great recommendation Carol), and I come back to find that Moe has broken out of his cage and was sitting next to Nelly's cage staring at her. His colors and eyes were like nothing I have seen before from him... I wish my phone had power at the time so I could have snapped a few good pics.

She didn't seem to have much of a problem with his presence. She was sitting on a perch pretty close to him, seemingly relaxed. I guess this means she is receptive?

I usually don't latch Moe's cage because his UVB fixture presses down on the door and holds it pretty tightly shut... Moe had never come close to breaking out before, so I think he saw something he liked :)

OMG what a determined sex craved cham you have there! Breaking out of the cage!!! Now how on earth did he do that!!? You must have freaked when you came home and found him!! Here you were worried about your little female. As far as the divider, do you have Homegoods near you? I have een some cool ones there if you decide to go that route.,

OMG what a determined sex craved cham you have there! Breaking out of the cage!!! Now how on earth did he do that!!? You must have freaked when you came home and found him!! Here you were worried about your little female. As far as the divider, do you have Homegoods near you? I have een some cool ones there if you decide to go that route.,

I was pretty startled for sure! He was sitting on the window sill of the open window soaking up UVB and making googly eyes at Nelly, haha (he was in paradise). He has been strutting around ever since in his brightest blues. His eyes have been bright yellow with bright blue swirls.

I went to the local Home Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond, Garden Ridge, Pier 1, and Target with no luck. I ended up ordering one off of Amazaon..

41YYLOwYhIL.jpg

It was only $52 and the Japanese Shoji paper should keep the room nice and bright. Thanks for the tip!

oh cool. I saw one at homegoods one day and it was really neat. It was handpainted like real rainforesty looking! If I had needed one I would have nabbed it!! Well the one you ordered should do the trick and look nice as well!

I use that same type of standing screen. It works well. Sounds like Moe and his girlfriend are really hitting it off. That's awesome.

i have a male a female cage right next to eachother in screen cages. Like you have some stuff between the cages as well what i do is buy some velcro strips i can cut into pieces and then I get a white shower curtain. Measure the cage and cut out a piece the exact size of the cage wall facing the other cage i put velcro tabs all around the edge of the cage and other sticky end to the edge of the shower curtain. So i can put the wall up and pull it down real easy cause its just velcro holding it in place :p

I can post some pics if anyones interested in this idea :D

Back
Top Bottom