Can someone tell me if my chameleon care is right for a panther?

Izzyboy915

• Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 8oz​

Rep-Cal 52298 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement Without Vitamin D3, 4.1 oz​

Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Ultrafine Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement with Vitamin D3​

• Hand mist​

• I plan on feeding the chameleon fruit flies then switch to crickets.​

• 18 x 18 x 36 dimension screen cage
  • REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W) is the uvb

Zoomed Repti Basking Spot Bulb [Value 2 Pack 100 WATT] - Is the heat bulbs​

Fluker's Repta-Clamp Lamp with Switch for Reptiles is the Case for the heat​

• Exo Terra Thermometer for Reptile Terrarium, Celsius and Fahrenheit Thermometer, PT2465 or a temp gun​

And can I turn the heat bulb off at day when it gets 80 in my room?​

• I also have a pothos plant in the cage​

What age is the panther your getting or have?

• Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 8oz This would be used 2 times a month rotating weeks say on a saturday.

Rep-Cal 52298 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement Without Vitamin D3, 4.1 oz This one would be used for all other feedings.

Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Ultrafine Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement with Vitamin D3 This one would rotate the opposite week on the saturday and only used two times a month.

• Hand mist​

• I plan on feeding the chameleon fruit flies then switch to crickets. How small is the chameleon? You will need a ton of fruit flies if this is a baby.

• 18 x 18 x 36 dimension screen cage This is fine for a baby but not one older than 6 months old.
  • REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W) is the uvb So hopefully this is the linear UVB I have not heard of a combo reptizoo T5HO fixture. 10.0 UVB bulb is too strong. You want the 5.0 bulb. This T5HO fixture with a 5.0 Bulb must be lifted off the top of the cage 4 inches Then the basking branches would be 4-5 inches below the screen. Babies screen climb so we have to have the UVB done this way.

Zoomed Repti Basking Spot Bulb [Value 2 Pack 100 WATT] - Is the heat bulbs Way too high of a wattage. Depending on age we do not use heat lamps on babies younger than 3 months old. Then we would use a regular incandescent white house hold non LED bulb 60 watt.

• Exo Terra Thermometer for Reptile Terrarium, Celsius and Fahrenheit Thermometer, PT2465 or a temp gun You want a temp gauge that has the probe to put in at the basking branch below the heat.

And can I turn the heat bulb off at day when it gets 80 in my room? Yes and you should. But I would strongly consider getting a window unit air conditioner. Ambient day temps should be low 70's. As the cham matures they need a temp drop in the 60's at night.

• And can I turn the heat bulb off at day when it gets 80 in my room? Yes and you should. But I would strongly consider getting a window unit air conditioner. Ambient day temps should be low 70's. As the cham matures they need a temp drop in the 60's at night.

It is 80 with the ac on I think

• Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 8oz This would be used 2 times a month rotating weeks say on a saturday.

Rep-Cal 52298 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement Without Vitamin D3, 4.1 oz This one would be used for all other feedings.

Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Ultrafine Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement with Vitamin D3 This one would rotate the opposite week on the saturday and only used two times a month.

• Hand mist​

• I plan on feeding the chameleon fruit flies then switch to crickets. How small is the chameleon? You will need a ton of fruit flies if this is a baby.

• 18 x 18 x 36 dimension screen cage This is fine for a baby but not one older than 6 months old.
  • REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W) is the uvb So hopefully this is the linear UVB I have not heard of a combo reptizoo T5HO fixture. 10.0 UVB bulb is too strong. You want the 5.0 bulb. This T5HO fixture with a 5.0 Bulb must be lifted off the top of the cage 4 inches Then the basking branches would be 4-5 inches below the screen. Babies screen climb so we have to have the UVB done this way.

Zoomed Repti Basking Spot Bulb [Value 2 Pack 100 WATT] - Is the heat bulbs Way too high of a wattage. Depending on age we do not use heat lamps on babies younger than 3 months old. Then we would use a regular incandescent white house hold non LED bulb 60 watt.

• Exo Terra Thermometer for Reptile Terrarium, Celsius and Fahrenheit Thermometer, PT2465 or a temp gun You want a temp gauge that has the probe to put in at the basking branch below the heat.

And can I turn the heat bulb off at day when it gets 80 in my room? Yes and you should. But I would strongly consider getting a window unit air conditioner. Ambient day temps should be low 70's. As the cham matures they need a temp drop in the 60's at night.

It’s a egg right now

• Hand mist​

Is there stuff I should change?

• Hand mist​

The uvb is t5 actually I checked. I just got back home

I bred fruit flies for 10 years when I had a dart frog. It's a pain. It'll be difficult to get enough fruit flies to maintain your cham's appitite.

Back
Top Bottom