Can someone please help me, I think my veiled chameleon is dying :(

Jackie21

So she hasn't been eating for about 4 days but prior to that she wld eat 6 to 10 crickets daily dusted with calcium and she loves Armstrong super worms pet smart worker told me I cld feed her these but she hasn't been eating she was drinking water from her dripper and I mist her 4 times a day her stool was white and some brown but she hasn't had one since she has not been trying to eat and now her eyes are sunken in and she looks horrible please help!! :( The temp in her cage is at 80 degrees and she has the zoo med uvb lighting but I think I need to get her a new one already this is what she looks like right now

I hope u guys can see the pix I'm new to this and don't know how to make it work sorry

Attachments

• KIMG0274.JPG
    KIMG0274.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 186
  • KIMG0275.JPG
    KIMG0275.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 185
Can you get a new closer picture of her? I need to see her colors. I think she might displaying receptive colors which often shows gravid colors if they haven't been mated.

How long are you misting her for? She may need longer mistings. I would think she's a bit dehydrated at the moment for several reasons. How long have you had her?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Folow the link and copy paste the form. Fill it out completely and as soon as possible.

She might be eggbound. Do you have a laying bin in the cage for her? She does not look good at all from the pics. When they are with eggs, they will go off food. It might not be that, but could be a possibility.

I've had her for maybe 7 months now and she was like a dark color like black with baby blue dots and gold dots before so I went to Walmart and bought some potting soil but she never tried to dig or anything so idk what to do and when I mist her I do it for 5 min tops but Today I did mist her for about 15 min in the morning around 9 am and I mist her again at 1 pm for 15 and again at 5 and just did it again right now

Attachments

• 1490403441364-777099707.jpg
    1490403441364-777099707.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 114
Yeah I agree with @kelly_girl199 she has eggs most likely, I would bet money on it, and since she is as lethargic as she is she may very well be egg bound. She needs a foot deep of a laying bin at least and she will likely need an oxytocin shot from the vet.

In the future, If I were you, vet visits are a must as soon as you start noticing something off. Once they are bad off its hard for them to bounce back because their bodies have become weak. I learned the hard way with my first chameleon.

I have a friend who has also lost two reptiles due to being egg bound. Get her in first thing tomorrow. Try showering her to drink and get some honey in her mouth to at least help with energy.

Honey will work if you just get some on a qtip and rub along the roof of her mouth, getting on her mucous membranes is what is important and she will absorb some simple sugar through them. Will help with energy boost for a quick jolt and might help with drinking.

Thank you all so much for the help I'm definitely going to give her some honey in the morning when I get home from work and keep trying to give her water and all so she can be better also I did get some more pot soil and put it in a bucket so that hopefully she will did and lay her eggs she loves her plant it's an ivy is it bad for her?

I reread your post and since she's showing signs of going downhill (sunken eyes) it would be best to get her to a vet before she gets any worse.

Her face looked so pale I mean all she does is sleep I hate to see her like that it breaks my heart u know I do have another Cham but she is smaller then her and had a fall and hurt herself really bad that she cldnt even walk nor eat so I really thought she was dying and I just kept feeding her and giving her water with a dropper and now she is doing good back to eating and drinking alone and doing the regular things a Cham wld so I know I can help chamele get better since I got my putters back on track

She didn't make it thru the night when I got home from work she had already past :( thanks for all the help u guys

Back
Top Bottom