Can overfeeding cause constipation?

BasilSews

So I have a female Jackson’s chameleon, and I took her to the vet a day or two ago, only to find out she is malnourished. I’ve been feeding her Superworms for a couple weeks now, and she has been kind of slower. The vet said I need to downgrade my Superworms so I can keep them in a smaller case for emergencies. I now have about 8 gut loaded Dubia roaches for her, much more protein. I don’t want to waste the Superworms, so I am feeding her one every few hours or so. Will feeding her too much at the same time cause her to get constipated? She doesn’t seem to lay off the worms, in fact she eats them as if she haven’t eaten all day. I’m just worried it’ll make her constipated.

Superworms are mainly fatty and should be used as treats not as a staple. But i could see where it would make her constipated, just like for people and fatty foods

Right, that’s why I got her the roaches. I’m trying to get rid of a lot of these Superworms, because I have a lot of them. That’s why I’m feeding her more than the average amount

Could let the superworms turn into beetles and see if she likes those so it technically wouldnt be a waste for you 😊 hopefully she does compaird to my veiled and hawk moths lol

Super are addictive and would give runny poop cause of all fat. So by feeding alot of supers they won't eat anything else. Roaches are kinda hard to get to eat some times cause they dont move around as much. Crickets would probably be best to get off all the super worms. Supers should be feed as treats.

This might give u some help if you ever get curious 😊
chameleon-food(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom